Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

I really hope they can unlock the ability and athleticism that make Ware unique. If so, he’s a potentially frontcourt special pairing with Reneau. I love Malik’s offensive skill set and think some pick-and-pop and trail shooting can be a part of his repertoire, but I was concerned when the bigs on the transfer radar didn’t seem to bring much floor spacing. Of course, that’s hard to find WITH rim protection too…

If they both pick IU and XJ gets his waiver we will be in a decent position. Still need to keep chasing talent though 

It would be 2/3 of the puzzle. Knecht would be the optimal 3/3 of puzzle if we were so lucky. But if we get both visitors, we need to focus on a 2/3 scorer/shooter like Knecht.

The extra 4th scholly you can take a flyer. Guard depth probably? I’m getting ahead of myself…. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It would be 2/3 of the puzzle. Knecht would be the optimal 3/3 of puzzle if we were so lucky. But if we get both visitors, we need to focus on a 2/3 scorer/shooter like Knecht.

The extra 4th scholly you can take a flyer. Guard depth probably? I’m getting ahead of myself…. Lol.

Yep.  You’re right Knecht would be key.  I’d take a flyer on a PG just in case after this year

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I like Knecht (who doesn’t), and agree guard or wing depth is my preference for the last open spot.

Wouldn’t hate it if the theoretical guard/wing depth was a late coaching change shakeout frosh like Woody got the last two years. However, I don’t know who that would be if, as it seems, Garway Duel isn’t too interested

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

I really hope they can unlock the ability and athleticism that make Ware unique. If so, he’s a potentially frontcourt special pairing with Reneau. I love Malik’s offensive skill set and think some pick-and-pop and trail shooting can be a part of his repertoire, but I was concerned when the bigs on the transfer radar didn’t seem to bring much floor spacing. Of course, that’s hard to find WITH rim protection too…

The 'needs to work on his motor' thing is a concern to me, we've seen enough of that, but if they can correct that he could be a really big addition.

26 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if so great job Woodson. Can’t ever replace a TJD but Ware is about as close as you can get 

You can't, but at the same time Ware's tape shows him doing things we never saw from Davis, like jumpers and 3s instead of just post play. So if that develops and continues he could bring a new element.

4 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm not putting stock in who they follow on Instagram, could just be they made new friends.  I hope we land them but let's wait for the announcement; we've thought we had recruits before and missed.

Your officially friends if you share a sandwhich from buffalouis though right?

Until we’ve seen an official commitment from either one, we should just hope the official visit is going well and we still have a chance to land them!  Everyone thought Battle was committing to IU, until he wasn’t!  We have to see it to believe it, until then I’ll just keep my figures crossed and hope!