Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

@BGleas mentioned this... 

XJ

TG

Knecht

Banks

Ware

.... that is a lineup that I LOVE!! .. not starters, just mentioning how athletic we could be. 

Where you have Malik Reaneau?  Nevermind, I see the “not starters” on 2nd glance.  My apologies 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He played the 3 this year. If you have a Ledlum on the court, as well... you can give either one the label as 3/4 who cares. But they can absolutely co exist on the floor together... with an XJ, TG, and Ware for example. That's a great lineup, imo. 

Yes, Banks has to take a step... but nothing overly, out of the ordinary to help us in a big way next year. And obviously beyond that. 

Not a bad lineup but where is the outside game coming from? Feel like that would be rather easy to defend.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He would play the taller, skinnier, more mobile guy. Reneau/Sparks would play the more stout guy. that can vary by opponent. So it depends on what the other team has at the 4/5. 

Matchup nightmare for IU opponents, how many times have we been able to say that in the last 6-7 years?

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Not a bad lineup but where is the outside game coming from? Feel like that would be rather easy to defend.

Well... you'd have 5 guys capable of hitting an open shot... you have at least 3 guys that should be able to dribble drive you and create openings for others, at any time. 

But, I plan on just getting stops and running, and then being really good in secondary transition. Quick PNR/PNP with Ware, Ledlum/Banks in the corners, Banks does an GREAT job of cutting, continue that... idk create offense like every other team does that plays with these types of skill sets lol 

At that point it's just pick up ball. Don't have to find unique ways to get post touches, etc, etc. Ball screen and GOOOOO

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Well... you'd have 5 guys capable of hitting an open shot... you have at least 3 guys that should be able to dribble drive you and create openings for others, at any time. 

But, I plan on just getting stops and running, and then being really good in secondary transition. Quick PNR/PNP with Ware, Ledlum/Banks in the corners, Banks does an GREAT job of cutting, continue that... idk create offense like every other team does that plays with these types of skill sets lol 

At that point it's just pick up ball. Don't have to find unique ways to get post touches, etc, etc. Ball screen and GOOOOO

XJ, hopefully Gallo and who else is dribble driving with that lineup? We'll need to make sure the lane instead clogged. I don't know the %s but not feeling we'd hit at a high enough or with enough volume to draw a team out. Hopefully we get the chance to see. I'd like to add Ware and Ledlum.

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

XJ, hopefully Gallo and who else is dribble driving with that lineup? We'll need to make sure the lane instead clogged. I don't know the %s but not feeling we'd hit at a high enough or with enough volume to draw a team out. Hopefully we get the chance to see. I'd like to add Ware and Ledlum.

Ledlum is absolutely someone that can dribble drive. Watching his film, Harvard games... that looks like his best quality. 

And if you create long enough/difficult enough close outs, regularly... eventually the athletes (ware and Banks) will win out, when XJ, Ledlum, and TG are doing the majority of the drawing 2/getting the initial paint touch. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ledlum is absolutely someone that can dribble drive. Watching his film, Harvard games... that looks like his best quality. 

And if you create long enough/difficult enough close outs, regularly... eventually the athletes (ware and Banks) will win out, when XJ, Ledlum, and TG are doing the majority of the drawing 2/getting the initial paint touch. 

I'm not sure Gallo's ability to consistently get by 2s. If we could force a switch or if he gets an angle I like his chances. Everything is about %s both shooting and ability to get by and force rotation. I don't know how Banks or Ledlum would do on the perimeter with wings/smaller wings rather than 4s defending them. We'll see

14 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

This is CMW’s chance to close the deal!  IU’s facilities are top notch and the campus this time of year is pretty awesome!!!!

IU facilities are middle of the road . I know we all like to think are facilities are better than everyone's . But they are are not . Actually kinda outdated . Not even top 10 in the nation . All top teams have a cook hall. 

2 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

IU facilities are middle of the road . I know we all like to think are facilities are better than everyone's . But they are are not . Actually kinda outdated . Not even top 10 in the nation . All top teams have a cook hall. 

Our locker room and surrounding area is... outdated? Mmmmm doubtful. 

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Our locker room and surrounding area is... outdated? Mmmmm doubtful. 

Our facilities are nice but they are somewhat limited by having to work within Assembly Hall for the locker room and that space was limited since it is an older building.  Cook Hall was excellent when built, and while still very nice others have newer or better training spaces.  When Archie came he actually pushed to get some things upgraded because he felt we were far behind where we needed to be.  

Not recruiting related but I know the corporate entertainment area is considerably lacking.  They did get a bigger room recently but a few years back when we would take clients to a game we could stop by this room for adult beverages and snacks but it was so crowded it was something we often skipped.  These sponsers bring in a lot of $ for the program.

I will say that the 76 suite is really nice and the upgrades to Assembly Hall with the statues and more open feel in the lobbies are excellent for an older building. 

Basketball is not alone.  I visited a lot of D2 and NAIA soccer programs over the last few years and many had nicer soccer facilities than our 8 time national champion program has.

57 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

Don't forget the old cheerleader uniforms.