Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Caleb Love - UNC Transfer to Arizona

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

The Hoosier hysterics invited them both back for the fantasy camp this August. I believe that would be the first time for both of them.

I remember getting excited when I was at IU that Ben Allen friended me back on Facebook lol

I also seem to remember a FB group called “Guns Don’t Kill People, Marco Killingsworth Kills People” 

10 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I remember getting excited when I was at IU that Ben Allen friended me back on Facebook lol

I also seem to remember a FB group called “Guns Don’t Kill People, Marco Killingsworth Kills People” 

Yeah, that was a FB group. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

The Hoosier hysterics invited them both back for the fantasy camp this August. I believe that would be the first time for both of them.

Clearly we need a thread to appreciate the seemingly forgotten era... I don't know if people remember but Strickland shot almost 48% from 3 on 5 attempts his senior year. That's what we need from Xavier Johnson this year.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. I have actually never had a job that requires my KSOB degree.  Product of graduating during the recession maybe but still paying off that piece of paper 

Most college degrees don’t teach indispensable technical skills.

College teaches life skills, working with others skills, dealing with adversity on your own skills, networking skills, and suppressing your lesser instincts skills. 

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Most college degrees don’t teach indispensable technical skills.

College teaches life skills, working with others skills, dealing with adversity on your own skills, networking skills, and suppressing your lesser instincts skills. 

Fair enough. I think fatherhood was a much better teacher of most of those though 

Both my 5 and 7 year old sons have autism, and without a doubt fatherhood and how to deal with these 2 monkeys have taught me more than anything my nursing schooling ever did. Lol.   Named my second son, first name Reggie, middle name Miller, last name mine of course.  Doctors and nurses at hospital thought that was funny.  Absolutely love being a parent, nothing to me is even close.  You want to talk about adversity and stress..jeez man.. I've battled so much, no life difficulty can rattle me anymore.  Sorry for the ramble.

I'm anxiously waiting for some Caleb love news.  Personally..with Xavier..I think that's one hell of a guard duo hardly any team could handle if they are both clicking.  National title good if both are playing well...

Edited by Sardinefarts1991

10 hours ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Both my 5 and 7 year old sons have autism, and without a doubt fatherhood and how to deal with these 2 monkeys have taught me more than anything my nursing schooling ever did. Lol.   Named my second son, first name Reggie, middle name Miller, last name mine of course.  Doctors and nurses at hospital thought that was funny.  Absolutely love being a parent, nothing to me is even close.  You want to talk about adversity and stress..jeez man.. I've battled so much, no life difficulty can rattle me anymore.  Sorry for the ramble.

I'm anxiously waiting for some Caleb love news.  Personally..with Xavier..I think that's one hell of a guard duo hardly any team could handle if they are both clicking.  National title good if both are playing well...

I am not on the Caleb Love bandwagon!  I honestly think he was some of that team’s problem and I don’t want that potentially filtering into the IU locker room!

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Don’t know whether they go after Love again or not either way I’m fine with it.   No matter what NC problems were last year he played hard and never quit.   Was he inefficient at times? Yep but he played hard every game I watched and that was a lot.     He was one of the few players that wanted to play in the NIT.    Change of scenery does wonders for certain kids.  Love in my opinion fits that description.    Woody is the type of coach I would guess would take a gamble on a kid if it gave him a better chance succeed in March.    Woody gets paid a bunch to make sure he is a plus instead of a negative. 

Well said. 

8 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Sounds like IU is out of the picture on this 2nd time in the portal. I'm glad for that. He may have been worth the risk before landing Mgbako but I don't think so now.

Texas, AZ, and Gonzaga are who he's looking at now.

https://247sports.com/article/college-basketball-transfer-portal-caleb-love-landing-spots-ariz-210686661/

Can’t see Love at Texas….already have two six foot guards who will likely start.  6’, 6’ and 6’4” at the 1-2-3 doesn’t sound good

On 5/24/2023 at 10:56 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Can’t see Love at Texas….already have two six foot guards who will likely start.  6’, 6’ and 6’4” at the 1-2-3 doesn’t sound good

Right, it would basically require someone to take a sixth man role. Maybe you can sell Abmas that any NBA future for him is probably as a Bobby Jackson/Lou Williams type of high-minute bench scoring guard? “Hey, we’ll showcase you in the role you’d play eventually, we think that will boost your stock?”