Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Caleb Love - UNC Transfer to Arizona

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Couldn’t get Terrance Shannon in last year, supposedly an academic issue. They may not be pushing Howard out by design, but they’re gonna get it done all the same.

Will be shocked if it’s not Mizzou. 

Mizzou was my first thought too, though don’t they have about 12 guys 6’4” and under already, all of whom want 18 shots a game?

7 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Mizzou was my first thought too, though don’t they have about 12 guys 6’4” and under already, all of whom want 18 shots a game?

They do, but Gates would have no problem playing 4 guards. He did it a lot last year, and Love would be a major upgrade. 

Not likely but if he did end up at IU man. With him it would have to be the most highly rated "talent" on an IU roster since '92-'93???? Mbagko, Ware, Reneau and Love with a 6th year PG.......hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Again not likely but let's play make believe here. If Love joined and bought in to being a team 1st guy Holy crap I'd have high hopes for this team, like F4 hopes.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If Woody could get into his head that his easiest way to score would be in transition, so you need to pay great defense and play the passing lanes... Dude can be an elite defender. A defensive backcourt of XJ and Love with Gallo as your 6th man? Yea sign me up. Gotta take risk to get anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If Woody could get into his head that his easiest way to score would be in transition, so you need to pay great defense and play the passing lanes... Dude can be an elite defender. A defensive backcourt of XJ and Love with Gallo as your 6th man? Yea sign me up. Gotta take risk to get anywhere.

We are taking a chance on Ware from Oregon. I don’t see a need to take another chance now.

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

We are taking a chance on Ware from Oregon. I don’t see a need to take another chance now.

Good Caleb Love raises the ceiling for IU more than bad Caleb Love lowers the floor.  I'd rather take a swing than not.  That is of course if he is interested and Woody thinks he can mesh with the team.  

2 hours ago, J34 said:

Screenshot_20230517_193353_Mighty.jpg

The thing is this.......

When Caleb Love first entered the transfer portal, there were immediate rumors that he would be going to Indiana.  A little time passed and then there was a zoom call.  @Chris007indicated that the call which was to gauge interest from both sides did not turn out to make any in roads.  Love was looking to be given a lot of free reign.  Whether or not this occurred in the call -- and I have zero reason to doubt what @Chris007is saying based on his past history -- the fact is that in quick order Indiana started sliding down from 'he's going to Indiana' to "it's between Indiana and Missouri' to "it's between Missouri and Michigan' to 'he's going to Michigan'.  Fact is that the zoom call didn't yield a visit speaks volumes IMO in one or both sides not seeing it as a fit.

That said.....I'm not convinced he'll end up at Missouri.  Accoring to a Trilly Donovan tweet, Missouri shot big in trying to get top recruits in the transfer portal and continually ended up short for one reason:  NIL money.  If you ask me if I think Love ends up at Missouri, Indiana, or somewhere else, I'll take somewhere else.  Places that make more sense to me would be Illinois if they can't reel in Ray J Dennis, Louisville, or Georgia.  All have a lot of NIL money and he fits.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Caleb Love is a high risk/high reward option; he could work out and form possibly the best starting backcourt in the country or blow up in a spectacular fashion.

With the players we having coming in now, I'd be fine waiting for someone that may have a lower ceiling but a higher floor compared to Caleb Love.