Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Caleb Love - UNC Transfer to Arizona

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Sounds like there’s no faith in the coaches to get him to the next level 

Oh ok, gotcha. I didn't even think about that aspect of it. I just saw that he's from St. Louis and he's considering Mizzu and IU.  It's good to know players are thinking of IU that way.  Is he a next level guy?

It's really a no lose situation if we get Love. If Coach Woodson could make him play defense (one of the best if he's focused)more consistently and helps his offensive game a bit every guard will want to give IU a good look.

1. He helped JHS become a lottery pick and you saw a top 20 player developed correctly.

2.If X and Love further their game (I don't count Woodson's first season) it also shows that he can fix bad habits and utilize strengths.   

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

It's really a no lose situation if we get Love. If Coach Woodson could make him play defense (one of the best if he's focused)more consistently and helps his offensive game a bit every guard will want to give IU a good look.

1. He helped JHS become a lottery pick and you saw a top 20 player developed correctly.

2.If X and Love further their game (I don't count Woodson's first season) it also shows that he can fix bad habits and utilize strengths.   

I wouldn't call it a no lose situation.  It could blow up spectacularly and Woodson end up looking like an idiot; I would consider that a loss.

It's high risk/high reward.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I wouldn't call it a no lose situation.  It could blow up spectacularly and Woodson end up looking like an idiot; I would consider that a loss.

Absolutely, having a devisive and/or selfish player can destroy a team. Is that Love? I think so but obviously Woody & the gang think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Everyone talks. If Love tanks no one will look down on Coach Woodson.

11 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Absolutely, having a devisive and/or selfish player can destroy a team. Is the Love? I think so but obviously Woody & the gang think otherwise. 

With strong leaders in the locker room it's a risk you can take, players that step up and hold them in line.  Do we have that? I'm not sure. 

4 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Let me clarify. Yes our season would stink but it wouldn't hurt us from a recruiting standpoint.  I wish we could get that kid from Towson. Sorry can't recall need more coffee today. 

Timberlake. He was thought a UNC lock, then apparently pulled back.