Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2023-24 IUBB ROSTER

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

For those analyzing the potential liabilities and gaps in our current roster? For better or worse, this is not our final roster.

You can pretty much look at what we have and go from there. We need a couple shooters and likely another ballhandler.   

If the guys coming in don’t bring that, we’ll have a good handle on our liabilities. The biggest question mark will be how they fit defensively. XJ, Galloway, Banks (lets assume he progresses nicely), reneau, and Ware *could* be similar to that first woody team that struggled to score but clamped down defensively. That’s probably a tourney team.  But if they can’t defend….whoa boy… 

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

You can pretty much look at what we have and go from there. We need a couple shooters and likely another ballhandler.   

If the guys coming in don’t bring that, we’ll have a good handle on our liabilities. The biggest question mark will be how they fit defensively. XJ, Galloway, Banks (lets assume he progresses nicely), reneau, and Ware *could* be similar to that first woody team that struggled to score but clamped down defensively. That’s probably a tourney team.  But if they can’t defend….whoa boy… 

What do we need?

dry-rubbed-smoked-wings-50-wings.458a621

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

This is mostly how I see it too- add a 15-16ppg wing scorer and that takes this team from "ehhhh" to "mmmmm" IMO. 

Add a little more dynamic 2 guard AND that wing, allowing Galloway to be 6th man? Now I think that is a top 3 conference team. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Guards/wings looking rough. Really need to land studs with the last two roster spots. 

Home run hope RN is Dingle/Mgbako.

can we get both?  Unlikely.  Can we get 1?  Hopefully.  Still have the NBA entrants and we have our 2 money spots left to sell.  

I’m at the point I’m expecting 2 good players.  I’m feeling optimistic ATM and I’ll probably get kicked in the balls for it, but no reason not to think we are going to spend big on at least 1 more. 

this team is prospecting to be ultra athletic. Shooting issues galore ATM, but athleticism through the roof.  Dingle would go a long way of giving us an experience scorer settling a lot of our needs. 

10 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Unlike most of you. I like our roster. We have a lot of guys with something to prove. Could be a really good thing! Just hoping for some development 

There's been a huge increase in Instagram and Twitter traffic discussing the positive season that Indiana University is going to have.  So it must be true. /s

Actually, with Xavier coming back, Reneau, Galloway and others, I'm on board with the roster, too.  Pending shooting upgrades, defensive intensity and consistency improvements and creating shots go way up...  Would be a good idea  to recruit those that can hit free throws.

Patiently waiting for news...

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Pretty sure that the vastly underrated, really good guy Payton Sparks is my favorite dude on the team.

"Infectious personality" is a pretty over-used term, but the 4 second clip of him at the end alone makes me want to give him a giant bear hug.