Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2023-24 IUBB ROSTER

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Almost like IU fans are a little behind the times or having difficulty seeing withe their crimson colored contacts through their crimson colored glasses. We'll get there... eventually

Oh, stupidity is everywhere. Purdue fans thought Smith was in the same stratosphere as JHS. It's not only an Indiana fan thing. 

Hell at this point, we have more naysayers than most do, I'd assume. 

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Almost like IU fans are a little behind the times or having difficulty seeing withe their crimson colored contacts through their crimson colored glasses. We'll get there... eventually

We're a special breed, aren't we? 

Has IU had any feel when Xavier will know on getting his 6th year? I know its the NCAA but you'd think they could decide fairly quickly.

Does Love have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Oh, stupidity is everywhere. Purdue fans thought Smith was in the same stratosphere as JHS. It's not only an Indiana fan thing. 

Hell at this point, we have more naysayers than most do, I'd assume. 

No we don't!  We aren't negative.  Never have been.   We are all very, very smart. for instance, I really came close to acing the cognitive test!  Got 2 out of 5 right.   (snark)

Bring back Dack itch or Dr. Itch...whatever his name is.  He did really well at West Virginia.  He is smooth, politically sensitive, never over-supervises, the OAD recruits love him, listens well, and always has all of the facts and then some..  Or bring back Archie!  A giant among the coaches we've churned through.  Flexible, recruits Indiana, gets the most out of his teams even if things go wrong in the locker room. Or Mike Davis, or he who must not be named, or Top Cat Tommie...gives us all such warm feelings...Maybe I will call that one...may I borrow your phone.  Thanks!

I think that the ideal job in the Athletic Department would be as the Sh!tty Little Jobs Assistant Director.  Would not want to be a coach or the person at the top.  Not me. 

(Off the record...looking forward to next year.  Wish all those involved in IU athletics, including the coaches, the players, and the support staffers...not to mention the smart and positive fans a great spring and summer.)

Go IU!

19 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Has IU had any feel when Xavier will know on getting his 6th year? I know its the NCAA but you'd think they could decide fairly quickly.

Does Love have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

I think their hoping for the Xavier answer within a couple of weeks and yes two years left for Love

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

The way this NIL thing is developing,....I can totally see it coming to this. College team, NIL boosters competing with NBA 1st round player $$$$$. Why not? 

Miami was not far from this last offseason. I could even imagine some retirement-age alum/wealthy fan selling off a lucrative business to just bankroll a team for a few years if it was a huge passion.

56 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

No we don't!  We aren't negative.  Never have been.   We are all very, very smart. for instance, I really came close to acing the cognitive test!  Got 2 out of 5 right.   (snark)

Bring back Dack itch or Dr. Itch...whatever his name is.  He did really well at West Virginia.  He is smooth, politically sensitive, never over-supervises, the OAD recruits love him, listens well, and always has all of the facts and then some..  Or bring back Archie!  A giant among the coaches we've churned through.  Flexible, recruits Indiana, gets the most out of his teams even if things go wrong in the locker room. Or Mike Davis, or he who must not be named, or Top Cat Tommie...gives us all such warm feelings...Maybe I will call that one...may I borrow your phone.  Thanks!

I think that the ideal job in the Athletic Department would be as the Sh!tty Little Jobs Assistant Director.  Would not want to be a coach or the person at the top.  Not me. 

(Off the record...looking forward to next year.  Wish all those involved in IU athletics, including the coaches, the players, and the support staffers...not to mention the smart and positive fans a great spring and summer.)

Go IU!

This post gave me ADD, but I liked it anyway!

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Among the elite and blue blood programs we seem to be the slowest to adapt to the "evil" necessities of winning at a high level.

We are the slowest to adapt to anything lol....

we have fans that can't accept Bob Knight was fired. 

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

Caleb Love has 2 years left?!

I've done a complete 180 on him. First I said no but now I hope we get him.

Yes, he was the same class as Galloway and Leal. So he's played 3 seasons but still has a COVID year that he could use after his senior season.

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

UPDATED

Guards (pending Xavier's likely waiver)

1. X Johnson
  2. A Leal
  3. T Galloway
  4. G Cupps

Wings

1. K Banks
  2. CJ Gunn
  3. J Newton

Posts/Bigs

1. M Reneau
  2. P. Sparks

And 5 scholarships left, correct? 

• 2 more guards who can shoot/penetrate and handle the ball
  • 2 more wings who can defend the perimeter and slash or shoot
  • 1 rim protecting big

What else should we wish/pray for? Lol

Maybe 3 guards and 1 wing?

6 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

And 5 scholarships left, correct? 

• 2 more guards who can shoot/penetrate and handle the ball
  • 2 more wings who can defend the perimeter and slash or shoot
  • 1 rim protecting big

What else should we wish/pray for? Lol

Maybe 3 guards and 1 wing?

4 available scholarships. 

Looks like they're going after at least 1 more big going on interest in recent portal entries. So maybe 3 for wings/ball handlers.

Dang. Suppose in that case, I'd like to see us add 2 guards, 1 wing, and 1 shot blocking big. 

If we get the right portal players, then have Banks, Galloway, and Reneau take big steps forward in the offseason, who knows what can happen. 

Also wouldn't be shocked if Jakai plays himself into 10-15 mins a game by the end of the year. 

6 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Gallo is a wing.

He’s more a combo guard - i mean the 2 and 3 are largely the same on opposite sides of the floor, but Gallo often is on ball and helps orchestrate offense, and he tends to be our 3d leading assist guy. He’s a guard in my book