Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2023-24 IUBB ROSTER

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Assuming JHS is a goner. And awaiting portal additions - they're coming soon. 

Currently:

Guards (pending Xavier's likely waiver)

1. X Johnson
  2. A Leal
  3. T Galloway
  4. G Cupps

Wings

1. K Banks
  2. CJ Gunn
  3. J Newton
  4. T Bates

Posts/Bigs

1. M Reneau
  2. J Geronimo

I would bet a couple of those on that list won't be on the roster 

Isn't Banks an in between Wing/Post?  

Also, this might not be the popular opinion, but I think Bates is going to dramatically improve should he stick around. Cause man, when he's on he's on. Especially on the defensive side of things. It's just a matter of him being consistent.

21 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Isn't Banks an in between Wing/Post?  

Also, this might not be the popular opinion, but I think Bates is going to dramatically improve should he stick around. Cause man, when he's on he's on. Especially on the defensive side of things. It's just a matter of him being consistent.

There's lots of tweeners in this world and on this list. My list - my (general) categories!    ;)

And yes, we are likely to lose a name or two (or three) from the current list. As that happens we'll update it.

Loose theory: you need 7 dudes to be a final four threat. UNC ‘22 an obvious outlier at 5 but that also explains why they were lower seeded to begin with. IU ‘23 had 6 before X got hurt, plus 3 guys who you’d think could be a dude some nights, and/or be there consistently by the end of the season.

Anyway, based on projected returners today, I feel good that IU has 3 dudes as it stands for ‘24 right now: X, Trey, Reneau. Banks and Gunn COULD be dudes next year, TBD. Too early to know if either frosh arrives as a dude (both will be there someday sooner than later…but maybe not in ‘24).

Thus the portal needs to provide at least 4 dudes, minus however many returners will develop into one by next year.

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Banks and Gunn

Gunn has to fix his shot---8% from 3-point range isn't going to win him any meaningful floor time. Banks has energy and athletic ability but he doesn't (yet) shoot well enough to suggest he is anything but a sub off the bench. Of course, a good summer could change that. Some are predicting Bates and Geronimo will transfer but one of the podcast hosts claims Geronimo has already committed to Woodson he is staying. I'm not sure why Bates would leave. He averaged 20 minutes a game this past season. He had a couple of big games. He just needs consistency. Bates and Geronimo would play ahead of Banks and Gunn if they stay.

10 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Gunn has to fix his shot---8% from 3-point range isn't going to win him any meaningful floor time. Banks has energy and athletic ability but he doesn't (yet) shoot well enough to suggest he is anything but a sub off the bench. Of course, a good summer could change that. Some are predicting Bates and Geronimo will transfer but one of the podcast hosts claims Geronimo has already committed to Woodson he is staying. I'm not sure why Bates would leave. He averaged 20 minutes a game this past season. He had a couple of big games. He just needs consistency. Bates and Geronimo would play ahead of Banks and Gunn if they stay.

Saw some post on another site that both JG and TB will be transferring 

14 hours ago, Honkyman said:

No chance Jordan plays ahead of Banks. 

57 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No chance Jordan plays ahead of Banks. 

Definitely true if Geronimo transfers as is rumored. Everyone loves the next guy up. People project performance that often isn't realistic. This time last year through the summer everyone loved Bates as the starting 2 and Geronimo at the 3. Now not so much.

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

There’s somewhere in the ballpark of 250 pages of discussion from last summer that say everyone did not, in fact, love Geronimo at the 3. 

Yep. I'd say that the majority of posters were skeptical that he would be able to play that position. 

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

say everyone did not

OK. Not everyone (certainly not me as I asserted several times that he lacked the ball handling skills for that position). But many posters in the off season argued for Geronimo at the 3 ahead of Miller Kopp. And, there seemed to be a lot of love for him. Now the majority of posters have turned on him.