Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

1 hour ago, Demo said:

How fast does this stuff work now? I found out about Bates from this video posted 35 mins ago coming up in my recommendations.

Kids usually are already talking to coaches prior to their name entering the portal. Back channeling through AAU, high school, etc., 

I did not “attack” his character when I said there are other players that were lower drama to celebrate.
Dang you riled them up with that lol. Like something I could get myself into. I agree with you.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kind of a bummer tbh as I really like the kid and think he has it in him but this is likely the best business decision for both parties.  

Copy. I appreciate his efforts and saw improvement, he has talent, and hope it all gels for him next season. 

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So I'm guessing you don't celebrate Yogi Ferrell.

Yogi really changed his image with his big senior season. Prior to that he wasn’t thought of too highly by a lot of fans given his off the court actions and IU’s meh seasons during Yogi’s sophomore and junior seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yogi really changed his image with his big senior season. Prior to that he wasn’t thought of too highly by a lot of fans given his off the court actions and IU’s meh seasons during Yogi’s sophomore and junior seasons. 

Well I definitely was a part of those fans. College kids make mistakes. His was a pretty silly one. Bates and crew broke curfew from what I remember... So nothing too serious.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

What'd he do besides go into a bar 2 weeks before his 21st birthday? 

He was really good as a SO+JR. Our teams struggled some. He was my favorite from the word go.  

Just now, btownqb said:

I assume Stu is aware of MORE of Tamars actions that weren't thought highly of. 

I assume there is more to the story than just the Chicago incident. 

the Chicago incident was an interesting story for a trip back home from Indy airport when accompanied by Dane Fife himself.  Won't go into any details though about the details.  

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

the Chicago incident was an interesting story for a trip back home from Indy airport when accompanied by Dane Fife himself.  Won't go into any details though about the details.  

Why? 

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And a helluva leader that grew as a young man at IU.

My favorite players tend to be PG’s. I never got to watch Zeke play for IU, so Yogi is my favorite IU player of all time. Guyton is a close 2nd. Yogi Ferrell was criminally under appreciated by our fan base. 

58 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Then why even bring it up if you don't want to share details?

Because this is a public forum where we can chat about all things IU and sports? Doesn’t mean I have to disclosure all Information? Lol 

31 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

My favorite players tend to be PG’s. I never got to watch Zeke play for IU, so Yogi is my favorite IU player of all time. Guyton is a close 2nd. Yogi Ferrell was criminally under appreciated by our fan base. 

I feel the same way about Cody Zeller.