Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

4 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

The defense presents Justin Smith.....case dismissed. His TO rate was 126%, unless it was big possession then it was 157%. I believe he was physically incapable of cleanly handling a basketball.  

Only thing worse was an attempt to pass to a teammate.

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

You're too focused on the "stars" or what people had hoped Bates and Geronimo were. The reality is both guys are one-dimensional players. 

Forget the rankings and the potential, and go get multi-skilled players that can do multiple things on both ends. 

That's what these teams still playing have. No, they don't have anyone with Bates "potential", but they have guys that can do a variety of things on both ends. Guys that can bit shots, create shots and are dawgs. 

Despite the potential and athleticism, that isn't Bates or Geronimo. 

Looking for some dawgs huh??? Hmmm…Almost like this was discussed on HSN, but over there we we’re all good because we made some come backs in some games!! LMAO

28 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

My dad use to yell that about Uwe Blab all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blab's hands were twice as  bad as anyone else that has been mentioned.  You had to see them in action to appreciate how bad they were.  

17 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

Looking for some dawgs huh??? Hmmm…Almost like this was discussed on HSN, but over there we we’re all good because we made some come backs in some games!! LMAO

Or, just maybe we're replacing 4 starters and more, so I'm describing what I'm looking for in those replacements. 

It wasn't a refection of those starters were losing. Hmm LMAO!

And no, I wouldn't consider Bates a "dawg" that doesn't mean our team didn't have that. Especially in the PSU example we were discussing on HSN. 

34 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

Almost like we’re two separate boards with different people with different opinions and insights. 

39 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

That isn't true, you said PSU had some dawg in them because they came back late in a game.  We just mentioned that IU came back in games but you didn't take that into count.  That didn't meet your narrative do you tried to make excuses.

57 minutes ago, Huntnfreak said:

Hey FYI myself, nor anyone else, cares about whatever argument is happening on HSN. Leave your drama there. 

56 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Blab's hands were twice as  bad as anyone else that has been mentioned.  You had to see them in action to appreciate how bad they were.  

Years ago on some IU forum (indystar?) there was a poster with one of the best usernames ever: HandsofBlab. lol

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean people want to talk crap about Smith, but I'd rather have him playing the 4 over Race. Just my opinion though.

So long as he’s not on the wing. Race’s weak inside game, poor rebounding, crowding the lane on TJD drives, attempts to play iso, and lack of athleticism were weaknesses that eventually would catch up with us, and did. We need athleticism up front, Miami decimated us with theirs. 

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

So long as he’s not on the wing. Race’s weak inside game, poor rebounding, crowding the lane on TJD drives, attempts to play iso, and lack of athleticism were weaknesses that eventually would catch up with us, and did. We need athleticism up front, Miami decimated us with theirs. 

In other words, matchups matter.

A lot.

31 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I mean Smith would have still been out of the wing, but maybe Woody could have gotten him into better spots than Archie did.

7 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

Ratings aren’t everything and are wrong as much as right.

Actually the ratings are usually fairly accurate. There are exceptions, of course. Some top ranked players are overrated and some higher ranked players are underrated.  But overall the top 25-30 ranked players are usually the best coming out of high school.  Players 25-50 usually are pretty good in college. And players ranked 50 to just over 100 are generally decent in college. 

If Bates and Geronimo are indeed transferring -- and I don't dispute that they are -- what's the holdup? 

Seems to me the quicker you get in the portal, the more time you have to get re-recruited and find what you're looking for. 

Unless you already know what that is, I suppose.