Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

4 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

Geronimo possibly had the worst hands I have ever seen for a bball player. Just could not catch.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Off topic but your observation reminds me of my dad slapping the couch and yelling "Matt Nover  hands of STONE!!!"

3 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Too bad. It is not a good look for the program. Bates was highly rated and Geronimo is recognized as very athletic. Both are likely to perform well given the opportunity provided by four starters leaving. We won't find enough in the Transfer Portal to make it up if both leave. It is beginning to look like Woodson got two years riding TJD and now the program is heading downward.

IDK.  Like the kid.  But he had as many points as me the last two games.  Could have least hit one bucket by chance in the past two games.  

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

Couple of frosh who didn’t, and a couple of jucos too, which is a type of transfer of course. Notable to me how many of the guys on their roster have been to three or four schools.

Last night they said no players on KSU was a recruit of KSU

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I know many differing opinions on Geronimo but I liked his potential. Never got enough chances imo. 

Whaaaat? Didn't get enough chances? He played in 82 games under 2 coaching staffs. Under Woodson, he played in 61 games for ~12.5 minutes per. That's just chances in games. He's had countless chances in practice to gain the confidence of the coaches.

You really don't think that's giving him enough chances?

8 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Geronimo played pretty well when filling in for Race Thompson when Thompson was hurt. Then Geronimo got hurt and didn't seem to play at the same level when he was available (nor did Race Thompson when he returned after being out with his leg injury). Reneau became Thompson's backup and Geronimo didn't see the floor much.

He's shown flashes, sure, but that's it.  For every good game he's had a couple awful ones.  There were games he played 10-12 minutes and had 0 points and 0 boards, that's not making the most of the opportunities you get.  So far he's been a good athlete but not a skilled ball player and at some point that's just all he is 

Whaaaat? Didn't get enough chances? He played in 82 games under 2 coaching staffs. Under Woodson, he played in 61 games for ~12.5 minutes per. That's just chances in games. He's had countless chances in practice to gain the confidence of the coaches.
You really don't think that's giving him enough chances?

This season I’m talking about. Each season is a season upon itself.

He was was of our more impactful, promising players last season.

While I’ll agree, in very limited minutes this year, he never got on track.

Also to your point, staff has seen a lot in practice, so it’s a trust the judgement situation. And to that note, he’s replaceable.

However To me, he was one of our only guys that was an aggressive rebounder that had a knack for finding the ball on O and D. That goes a ways to me when the rest of our team is the laziest, non fundamental rebounders imaginable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This season I’m talking about. Each season is a season upon itself.

He was was of our more impactful, promising players last season.

While I’ll agree, in very limited minutes this year, he never got on track.

Also to your point, staff has seen a lot in practice, so it’s a trust the judgement situation. And to that note, he’s replaceable.

However To me, he was one of our only guys that was an aggressive rebounder that had a knack for finding the ball on O and D. That goes a ways to me when the rest of our team is the laziest, non fundamental rebounders imaginable.

Your last paragraph is an accurate description of Kaleb Banks.  

Geronimo averaged almost as many minutes per game as last season, and more than 1 less rebound per game.  If rebounding is the defense of Geronimo, then there's not a defense.
Yes, this team had rebounding issues but he wasn't the answer.

This team had tons of issues. Lots of flawed players. Effort and Energy was still consistent concerns. Geronimo goes after boards and hustles. Especially last year, made tons of hustle plays, including crazy block percentage.

I could take any player on this team a rattle off lots of flaws. I’m fine if he goes, whatever, lots of athletic guys out there. My bigger thing is he didn’t get enough run to really see what he can do. Had zero leash. That has an impact.

JHS gets revered but he played us out of as many games as he played us in. And he was unquestionably our 2nd biggest impact guy who was the epitome of hot and cold. Got 38-40 minutes.

I get it. I’m an advocate of play your best guys. Staff clearly doesn’t think he’s one of the best but he was on the fringe. I think he suffered from a total loss of confidence AS did the rest of our bench. That might not be a total player problem.

I think it’s clear he probably should go, and I’m fine with that but I could see him thrive under a different coach and a different system.

Yes, Banks has a nose for the ball,great hands and could shoot in high school.
I'll be surprised and disappointed if he's not playing a major role next season. 

I too, like Banks potential. He had a few “freshman” (he had one layup attempt where he was in a hurry but mostly open that hit off the backboard so hard it missed the rim- that’s a middle school type play) type plays that made me scratch my head, but you can definitely see the potential. Especially if he can be a 3 point threat. Was always a Banks fan from his HS tape. Just needs to try to be more alpha. He’s not a dog, and I’m not sure he has that in him but I hope he does.

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Let him leave and go find a portal guy with his athleticism who can actually hoop too. 

Easier said than done. With everyone leaving IU it will be more difficult to attract top talent. Players want to go to a program that looks like it will win.