Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Geronimo usually couldn't make the most of the chances he did get, kind of hard to justify giving him more.

Geronimo played pretty well when filling in for Race Thompson when Thompson was hurt. Then Geronimo got hurt and didn't seem to play at the same level when he was available (nor did Race Thompson when he returned after being out with his leg injury). Reneau became Thompson's backup and Geronimo didn't see the floor much.

50 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I will keep it simple.  Those potential two losses are a positive not a negative.  I wish them luck.

I agree with you on this. People had unrealistic expectations for Geronimo. He was purely a gifted athlete. He’s not a very skilled basketball player. We needs guys his size who can score the damn basketball. 

Bates is not good enough to take us to the next level. I’m not sure what’s causing his inconsistency but I don’t see him ever becoming the guy we all expected him to be. 

I’d have fond memories of both from their time as Hoosiers but neither is a big loss, and even if they flip a switch elsewhere, I don’t know that it reflects poorly. They got better under Woodson but both had flaws that were player-based issues and not coaching-based ones. It matters more how they fill those open spots.

I will say, while I understand Geronimo theoretically wanting to play for Pitino at SJU — Pitino has unequivocally won and tends to value athleticism — I don’t think Rick can magically turn that athleticism into a great high-major ball player.

1 hour ago, IU_FanClub said:

Will be sad to see Tamar go

I lost total confidence in Tamar, also I just don't think Geronimo ever learned the game. He tries to play with athletic ability alone and don't nonthe nuances of the game.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

Too bad. It is not a good look for the program. Bates was highly rated and Geronimo is recognized as very athletic. Both are likely to perform well given the opportunity provided by four starters leaving. We won't find enough in the Transfer Portal to make it up if both leave. It is beginning to look like Woodson got two years riding TJD and now the program is heading downward.

KSU is on the elite 8 with every player being a transfer.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana, if Bates or Geronimo leaves, needs to do everything possible to get Evboumwan from Princeton. Kids a player. Put out the feelers to whomever possible.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I'm not sure he'd get through the admissions department at IU.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

KSU is on the elite 8 with every player being a transfer.

Couple of frosh who didn’t, and a couple of jucos too, which is a type of transfer of course. Notable to me how many of the guys on their roster have been to three or four schools.