Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

39 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

As I recall the situation they were both up for the same scholly and whoever said yes first got it.  That was Anderson and that's why Archie stopped recruiting Henry.

Henry was also a late riser.  His stock skyrocketed very late in the game snd wasn’t recruited by IU as long.

11 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Jadlow was actually fairly athletic.

Goofy but a pretty good athlete.

21 hours ago, Redleader said:

Todd Jadlow

21 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Jadlow started and played his ever loving @$$ off. There has been no indication that will ever be Duncomb for a P5 team.

19 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

We're discussing punching people based on how they look. That checks out.

Best of luck to Duncomb at his next stop.

All this talk about Jadlow and punchable faces reminded me of this moment...

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just had a buddy buy some IU gear from Tamar Bates. I’m guessing he’s hitting the portal. I think Geronimo is going to.

Not shocking for either. When Derek Elston moved to Carmel two years ago I snagged some IU gear from him

Just had a buddy buy some IU gear from Tamar Bates. I’m guessing he’s hitting the portal. I think Geronimo is going to.

If so, it really kinda sucks. I know many differing opinions on Geronimo but I liked his potential. Never got enough chances imo. Bates just hasn’t lived up to the ranking but I can see him gaining confidence and being a killer.

Reneau, Gunn, Bates seemed like good buddies. Lots of impacts.

I suppose, trust in staff until they blow it.. it’s teetering for me.

If they can create a top 25 season out of this mess I’m back on board.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If so, it really kinda sucks. I know many differing opinions on Geronimo but I liked his potential. Never got enough chances imo. Bates just hasn’t lived up to the ranking but I can see him gaining confidence and being a killer.

Geronimo wants to go play for Pitino.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think we all know how I feel about Geronimo.  He got a lot of chances.   I agree that Bates hasn’t lived up to his ranking.  

I wouldn't miss those two much if they were to leave.  Bates was highly rated, but aside from sometimes getting hot he really didn't play up to it.  Geronimo is athletic but not much else, he's an athlete on a basketball court as I've said before; kind of hard to say he deserved more chances when he couldn't make the most of what he got.

Between the two I think there's a better chance of Bates putting it together because he was just a sophomore.

Just now, IU - Kaulie said:

I think we all know how I feel about Geronimo.  He got a lot of chances.   I agree that Bates hasn’t lived up to his ranking.  

Geronimo usually couldn't make the most of the chances he did get, kind of hard to justify giving him more.

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Another way of looking at this is that Bates is not recognized as very athletic, and Geronimo was not highly rated.

Maybe you look at it that way, I don't. Highlighting a player's strength doesn't mean that qualities not mentioned are weaknesses.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Geronimo usually couldn't make the most of the chances he did get, kind of hard to justify giving him more.

Oh I agree.  That’s what I’m saying.  He literally got too many chances.  I thought from the first moment I saw him that this was too big for him.  It surprises me that some still think he should be getting minutes and the talk about him not getting enough chances is just not true.