Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

7 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Maybe this is the main problem, and a new coach will crack the whip and get his natural talent out of him. As it stands now he’s slower, weaker, and more grounded than his peers.  

And while he’s tall, he’s listed at between 6’9” and 6’10”, that’s not so tall it compensated for the other qualities. There are a lot of good forwards in the B1G in the 6’8” range who are going to make up for that 2” by being stronger, faster, superior leapers, or some combination thereof.  

Maybe a new coach will have him the weight room all summer and with a lot of increased strength he could hold his own in the paint in a major conf. 

How do we know he's not in great shape.  Kid has basically been a ghost.  But the freshman to soph pics I have seen show a boy turned into a man.  He's clearly hit the weights.  

13 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I would consider it bad but I do know he punched a frat kid while drunk last season. I think he likes to have a good time. But I think it was agreed upon back in February it was best for everyone for him to get a fresh start.

Frat kid prolly deserved it

Hindsight is a powerful thing. Imagine the absolute meltdown of this board and the entire fanbase had we not even offered a 5-star in-state PG. Yikes.

Oh for sure! Most on here we’re having a meltdown when he was a Michigan lock early on. Now everyone is a master talent evaluator and could see it before he committed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Has a basketball player ever transferred between IU and Purdue? Could you imagine Furst going back to Mackey as a Hoosier?

That's a good question, I was just wondering the same thing myself and I certainly can't recall any.  I know there's been some defections from IU to Purdue on the football side here just recently, but in terms of basketball I think Furst would be the only one to go from either direction to the other.  

5 minutes ago, craigyv88 said:

That's a good question, I was just wondering the same thing myself and I certainly can't recall any.  I know there's been some defections from IU to Purdue on the football side here just recently, but in terms of basketball I think Furst would be the only one to go from either direction to the other.  

So you’re saying Furst would be the first. 

51 minutes ago, Dillion said:

Oh for sure! Most on here we’re having a meltdown when he was a Michigan lock early on. Now everyone is a master talent evaluator and could see it before he committed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.. when you scouted Evansville Reitz, coached against them, and watched them on film 20+ times when KL was in HS.. yeah man, wasnt high on his game, ever. Sorry

38 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Has a basketball player ever transferred between IU and Purdue? Could you imagine Furst going back to Mackey as a Hoosier?

Maybe he'd be able to tell the team what that stench is.

I would say no. Transfers wasn't a major deal till recently however we had some notable transfers especially under knight but to my memory no one went to purdue. Infact transferring in conference wasn't common. Thundeburke (probably not spelled right) to ohio state and Luke recker to Iowa. Originally luke went somewhere else but wound up with Alford at Iowa later. Those the only 2 iu to in conference I can recall. I am sure some of our knowledgeable posters can add to this. I am also not good at pre mid 80s iu knowledge

I was also drunk from 2000 till till now lol so could have missed some

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I would say no. Transfers wasn't a major deal till recently however we had some notable transfers especially under knight but to my memory no one went to purdue. Infact transferring in conference wasn't common. Thundeburke (probably not spelled right) to ohio state and Luke recker to Iowa. Originally luke went somewhere else but wound up with Alford at Iowa later. Those the only 2 iu to in conference I can recall. I am sure some of our knowledgeable posters can add to this. I am also not good at pre mid 80s iu knowledge

I was also drunk from 2000 till till now lol so could have missed some

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

The first transfer I remember within conference was Derek Holcomb from IU to Illinois.  

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

I understand it is. Its really hard when you're poor at your job. 

Sorry, but KL should have never been offered, same with Anderson. Recruting is hard and you need to evaluate and develop... Archie did both very poorly. 

Should have gotten Aaron Henry over Anderson. I worked with Henry's dad and told me that Archie pretty much stopped recruiting him after Anderson and Hunter committed. 

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

The first transfer I remember within conference was Derek Holcomb from IU to Illinois.  

A member of the 1976 recruiting class.  Came in with Mike Woodson, Butch Carter, Glen Grunwald, Mike Midday.

38 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Should have gotten Aaron Henry over Anderson. I worked with Henry's dad and told me that Archie pretty much stopped recruiting him after Anderson and Hunter committed. 

As I recall the situation they were both up for the same scholly and whoever said yes first got it.  That was Anderson and that's why Archie stopped recruiting Henry.