Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Logan was an out of state top 100 kid that committed to IU in over offers from Ohio st and other high major teams.  Stinks it didn’t work out for him here but if you are blaming previous for staff for taking him then other high majors teams missed that evaluation as well.   It will be interesting to see how he does with a new start 

Going closer to home is probably a smart decision. Family members can keep a closer eye on him. 

12 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Logan was an out of state top 100 kid that committed to IU in over offers from Ohio st and other high major teams.  Stinks it didn’t work out for him here but if you are blaming previous for staff for taking him then other high majors teams missed that evaluation as well.   It will be interesting to see how he does with a new start 

Yeah, he missed on Lander too. And Damezi Anderson.... Archie sucked. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, he missed on Lander too. And Damezi Anderson.... Archie sucked. 

Yeah but UConn and Michigan missed out on Anderson as well and 14 other high major teams missed on Lander also.   Sometimes staffs are going to get drilled either way.   If they wouldn’t have landed those 2 then they are not locking the state but if they land them and they turn out duds then staff can’t evaluate talent.  Recruiting is hard and I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it.  Lol 

Logan Duncomb is tall with long arms, has a nice looking jump shot, and was well-coached in high school. He was never the focal point of his team's offense and wasn't in great shape, and therefore was thought to have a high ceiling.

2 1/2 years later he is still tall with long arms and a nice looking jump shot. He is still not in great shape.

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah but UConn and Michigan missed out on Anderson as well and 14 other high major teams missed on Lander also.   Sometimes staffs are going to get drilled either way.   If they wouldn’t have landed those 2 then they are not locking the state but if they land them and they turn out duds then staff can’t evaluate talent.  Recruiting is hard and I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it.  Lol 

I understand it is. Its really hard when you're poor at your job. 

Sorry, but KL should have never been offered, same with Anderson. Recruting is hard and you need to evaluate and develop... Archie did both very poorly. 

3 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Hindsight is a powerful thing. Imagine the absolute meltdown of this board and the entire fanbase had we not even offered a 5-star in-state PG. Yikes.

I was literally saying the entire time we should not be offering him. He and Anderson aren't hindsight, they were awful evaluations done by our staff. 

Henry should have been the priority over Anderson and Lander shouldn't have been on the radar. Coaches/staffs have to be able to make those tough calls. The previous one couldn't. 

Lander never dominated expect for one weekend in the sectional. He looked cute with his man bun throwing lobs to TG, AL, Duncomb, and Tre Coleman and that somehow got him ranked highly.. but thats it. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I was literally saying the entire time we should not be offering him. He and Anderson aren't hindsight, they were awful evaluations done by our staff. 

Henry should have been the priority over Anderson and Lander shouldn't have been on the radar. Coaches/staffs have to be able to make those tough calls. The previous one couldn't. 

Lander never dominated expect for one weekend in the sectional. He looked cute with his man bun throwing lobs to TG, AL, Duncomb, and Tre Coleman and that somehow got him ranked highly.. but thats it. 

Not disputing Anderson. And kudos if you called Lander not being worthy of an offer before it happened. I'm sure that wasn't an easy drum to beat around here :-). But the point I believe USPS was making is that if the IU staff whiffed by offering Lander, so did 14 other high majors. So, awful evaluations were aplenty on this one.

Aaron Henry absolutely should’ve been the take over Anderson, agreed. I think Lander is a defensible take, and you convince him to finish HS at a prep…failing that, maybe you take anyway.

As USPS said, you’re going to have some misses. With 13 spots, you need a >50% hit rate, accounting for some of those being underclassmen who need seasoning.

Miller’s problems were manifold but he and staff indisputably made too many bad evals and all the errors downstream from that.

8 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Aaron Henry absolutely should’ve been the take over Anderson, agreed. I think Lander is a defensible take, and you convince him to finish HS at a prep…failing that, maybe you take anyway.

As USPS said, you’re going to have some misses. With 13 spots, you need a >50% hit rate, accounting for some of those being underclassmen who need seasoning.

Miller’s problems were manifold but he and staff indisputably made too many bad evals and all the errors downstream from that.

This ^^^ It's almost like the NFL draft. I feel the '12 and '13 classes (outside of Yogi, Troy, and Collin) did CTC in. Too many misses in those large classes. The '18 class I think did CAM in. Romeo was the only one to really hit at IU. 

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

What are you even arguing?

He’s not a B1G level athlete. I’ve clearly stated this several times.  

There’s a difference between being able to work around some athletic limitations vis-a-vis your conference peers, versus being completely outclassed athletically at a certain level that you have few, if any avenues, to compete.  

There are hundreds of HS kids every year who are great shooters, passers, and ball handlers who don’t go Div 1 because they lack certain athletic traits. It’s a straightforward concept. 

44 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This ^^^ It's almost like the NFL draft. I feel the '12 and '13 classes (outside of Yogi, Troy, and Collin) did CTC in. Too many misses in those large classes. The '18 class I think did CAM in. Romeo was the only one to really hit at IU. 

Yes.  And when your recruiting "wins" are one-and-dones it's ultimately much worse (IMO).

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He is still not in great shape.

Maybe this is the main problem, and a new coach will crack the whip and get his natural talent out of him. As it stands now he’s slower, weaker, and more grounded than his peers.  

And while he’s tall, he’s listed at between 6’9” and 6’10”, that’s not so tall it compensated for the other qualities. There are a lot of good forwards in the B1G in the 6’8” range who are going to make up for that 2” by being stronger, faster, superior leapers, or some combination thereof.  

Maybe a new coach will have him the weight room all summer and with a lot of increased strength he could hold his own in the paint in a major conf.