Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

Not sure Duncomb can't be a pretty good player, but not at IU.  He has soft hands, height, and can shoot the ball.  Unfortunately he doesn't fit what Woodson is doing at IU.  Doesn't mean that he won't fit someone else's system.  Been watching a lot of basketball over the last two weeks and I'm not seeing very many good bigs.  TJD was a first team All American and he can't shoot the ball more that five feet.  There were teams in the tournament that Duncomb could probably play for.  Notice I said were.  Put him in the middle of zone where he doesn't need to be quick and he might be useful to someone on a regular basis.  With a redshirt for this year he can probably play three years somewhere. I had hoped to see him step up more this year.  He did show some flashes.  I'll accept the health issues excuse for this year.  Pretty sure we will get someone better from the portal so this should work out well for both IU and Duncomb.  I wish him well.

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I would consider it bad but I do know he punched a frat kid while drunk last season. I think he likes to have a good time. But I think it was agreed upon back in February it was best for everyone for him to get a fresh start.

A guard who shall remain nameless threw a beer can at my kid's buddy.  So there's that.  And there where plenty of times the team was "out and about" so to speak.  They are college kids after all.  :)

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Haris Mujezinovich IU

Travis Carroll Purdue

maybe Thomas Kithier MSU or Austin Davis Michigan if his work ethic improves.

This is my point. None of those guys were athletic, but had a place at IU and carrol at PU. None were world beaters but only a tiny fraction are.

all the comments about him lacking athleticism and therefore should never have been recruited to IU are completely garbage.

he has plenty of athleticism to succeed at IU, there have been countless others before him that have been contributors - seems like he is lacking in effort.

effort is not athleticism- athleticism isn’t the issue

We will find out in the next two years why it wasn’t a good fit. It could be 100% that he wasn’t good enough, it could be other things.
Reyna is the most electric soccer player in America and saw almost zero playing time in this years World Cup. Sometimes there is more to the story and we will find out if he can play or not - just won’t be at IU
Exactly! I don’t blame the guy for taking a scholarship when offered. Blame the coach and not the kid. As Mike said lots of aggression toward him, even speculating whether he had sinus surgery or not. No one can prove he didn't.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

So blame the coach and not the kid for taking the scholarship when offered

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Had to be Crean's fault right?

In today's college basketball you have to get your players and win. There really isn't a reason you can't make it happen.

21 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Duncomb played 71 minutes at IU. Find me one ten second clip displaying this athleticism you claim he has, and I’ll concede the point. 

What are you even arguing? You really believe he shouldn’t have been recruited because of his lack of athleticism? He played against a lot of good players in high school and AAU and held is own just fine.

he may not have fit in with the staff and players here and that is fine but stop with the athleticism Bs. There are thousands of players that’s have contributed at the p5 level without crazy athleticism.

9 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

A guard who shall remain nameless threw a beer can at my kid's buddy.  So there's that.  And there where plenty of times the team was "out and about" so to speak.  They are college kids after all.  :)

At least no one got run over in Assembly Hall parking lot.