Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

He won’t play at anywhere near this level. Hasn’t been a player transfer out in recent memory that went on to play at this level with the exception of Franklin and that wasn’t for playing time.

Maybe at Indiana but it happens all the time. Bryce Hopkins sits the bench at UK, says he didn’t get a fair shake, transfers to Providence and puts on a show

We will find out in the next two years why it wasn’t a good fit. It could be 100% that he wasn’t good enough, it could be other things.
Reyna is the most electric soccer player in America and saw almost zero playing time in this years World Cup. Sometimes there is more to the story and we will find out if he can play or not - just won’t be at IU
No way in heck Logan could have or ever should have been recruited to iu. Period end of story.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not just picking on you because there are a lot of posts that are pretty negative about Logan, even if they end with “I wish him well” they are still pretty harsh and unfair.

we never saw Logan play… we have no idea what he can or can’t do. Is he any more/less athletic than a Brian Evan’s or Kirk Haston? 

no doubt it wasn’t a good fit but kudos to him for coming back last year when everyone thought he would transfer then. 

I’m not being negative. I’m being realistic.  We saw Logan play. He was a poor athlete in comparison to the low major players he got minutes again, and any advantage he had was predicated on him having about 5 inches on those guys.  

The comparison to Brian Evan’s and Haston are quite frankly absurd. He’s not in the same league as those guys athletically. Evans was a 6’8” wing who was B1G player of the year and contributed to much better teams than this years team as a frosh. Evans wouldve been our 2nd or 3rd best player as a frosh this year. Both guys were first round picks  drafted in the range that JHS will go this year.   

I honestly am not sure where you’re getting those comparisons. Had you said Todd Lindeman I might have had to think for a minute. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m not being negative. I’m being realistic.  We saw Logan play. He was a poor athlete in comparison to the low major players he got minutes again, and any advantage he had was predicated on him having about 5 inches on those guys.  

The comparison to Brian Evan’s and Haston are quite frankly absurd. He’s not in the same league as those guys athletically. Evans was a 6’8” wing who was B1G player of the year and contributed to much better teams than this years team as a frosh. Evans wouldve been our 2nd or 3rd best player as a frosh this year. Both guys were first round picks  drafted in the range that JHS will go this year.   

I honestly am not sure where you’re getting those comparisons. Had you said Todd Lindeman I might have had to think for a minute. 

You are now talking skill sets and not athleticism which is what I found offensive and no, Brian Evans and Kirk haston we’re not good athletes and no better than Lindemen nor Duncomb.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm…I would be absolutely shocked if Woody hadn’t already informed him a few months ago that he was no longer a uniformed member of the team.

That sinus thing was such garbage. He probably had a sinus infection and they used that as the break away point excuse.

Not looking it up but I seem to recall one of those 3 game suspensions during his time.

19 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Jack Nunge? What is an acceptable answer that doesn’t move the goal post related to that comment?

Haris Mujezinovich IU

Travis Carroll Purdue

maybe Thomas Kithier MSU or Austin Davis Michigan if his work ethic improves.

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You are now talking skill sets and not athleticism which is what I found offensive and no, Brian Evans and Kirk haston we’re not good athletes and no better than Lindemen nor Duncomb.

Nah, I’m talking purely athleticism. Those guys could play inside and out. And Evans could move good enough to be the primary scoring option in Knights 3-2 motion offense. 

53 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

We will find out in the next two years why it wasn’t a good fit. It could be 100% that he wasn’t good enough, it could be other things.

Reyna is the most electric soccer player in America and saw almost zero playing time in this years World Cup. Sometimes there is more to the story and we will find out if he can play or not - just won’t be at IU

Uhhh…I mean I know what you’re trying to say. But in order for this to be an equivalent comparison, Duncomb would have to be spending most of his time coming off the bench and being a very key contributor for like the Chicago Bulls while not seeing any playing time for IU. Not even close to a reasonable comparison.

49 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why? I haven’t heard of him being a bad kid or anything so why that treatment? 

Not sure if I would consider it bad but I do know he punched a frat kid while drunk last season. I think he likes to have a good time. But I think it was agreed upon back in February it was best for everyone for him to get a fresh start.