Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

28 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Logan Duncomb is not a high major athlete. Slow, grounded, and weak…I’ll never understand how some thought he’d be a contributor after scoring below the rim on a few low major guys. He has a very loving grandma, though.  

I’m curious as to where a guy like him ends up. Doubt he could contribute at Ball St. Reminds me more of a Lander who needs to go low D1 program to see some PT.  

A guy with his lack of athleticism should never sniff a place like IU. Nice kid, apparently, but a recruiting whiff. I wish him well. 

Xavier possibly 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Xavier possibly 

Man…if he goes to a place like Xavier and is a contributing player in their regular 8 man rotation, we may have to reconsider what we’re doing development-wise.  

That would shock me, but then again IU often seems to be on the wrong side of these things. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Man…if he goes to a place like Xavier and is a contributing player in their regular 8 man rotation, we may have to reconsider what we’re doing development-wise.  

That would shock me, but then again IU often seems to be on the wrong side of these things. 

Or Cincinnati. He wants to play at home.

31 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Yea…I think MAC might be pushing it. IPFW is probably a more realistic type scenario. In a league like that his height will help offset his lack of athleticism. 

I'm not going to hate on him cause we really haven't seen enough.  But he did come in as a scrawny freshman and looks like he added some muscle.  Clearly a project, but I'm sure he'll land somewhere.  You can't teach height.  

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

36 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Mt. St. Joseph’s might be a good fit then.

Edited by 94Bulldog
Not sure what happened

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not just picking on you because there are a lot of posts that are pretty negative about Logan, even if they end with “I wish him well” they are still pretty harsh and unfair.

we never saw Logan play… we have no idea what he can or can’t do. Is he any more/less athletic than a Brian Evan’s or Kirk Haston? 

no doubt it wasn’t a good fit but kudos to him for coming back last year when everyone thought he would transfer then. 

There was a reason we didn’t see him play

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Not just picking on you because there are a lot of posts that are pretty negative about Logan, even if they end with “I wish him well” they are still pretty harsh and unfair.

we never saw Logan play… we have no idea what he can or can’t do. Is he any more/less athletic than a Brian Evan’s or Kirk Haston? 

no doubt it wasn’t a good fit but kudos to him for coming back last year when everyone thought he would transfer then. 

we have no idea what he can or can’t do. Is he any more/less athletic than a Brian Evan’s or Kirk Haston? 

No he’s not.  It’s also not 1997.  The game has changed. 

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

There was a reason we didn’t see him play

We will find out in the next two years why it wasn’t a good fit. It could be 100% that he wasn’t good enough, it could be other things.

Reyna is the most electric soccer player in America and saw almost zero playing time in this years World Cup. Sometimes there is more to the story and we will find out if he can play or not - just won’t be at IU

5 minutes ago, 94Hoosier said:

we have no idea what he can or can’t do. Is he any more/less athletic than a Brian Evan’s or Kirk Haston? 

No he’s not.  It’s also not 1997.  The game has changed. 

Brian Evans and Kirk Haston were athletic enough to play in the NBA in the 90s/2000s.  And Evans was a really good shooter and Haston developed a perimeter shot.

From what we've heard -- just hearsay -- but the bigger issue with Duncomb wasn't the floor of his talent level when he arrived, but rather his desire to do what it takes to raise that floor.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Brian Evans and Kirk Haston were athletic enough to play in the NBA in the 90s/2000s.  And Evans was a really good shooter and Haston developed a perimeter shot.

From what we've heard -- just hearsay -- but the bigger issue with Duncomb wasn't the floor of his talent level when he arrived, but rather his desire to do what it takes to raise that floor.

It very well could be a lack of desire or effort and if that is the case, I hope he realizes that and corrects that.

the idea that we shouldn’t ever recruit a kid of his athleticism isn’t fair, there are plenty of successes that makes that statement a weak one. 

effort overcomes that if he doesn’t have that then I agree on him moving on. We need effort guys 

9 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

We will find out in the next two years why it wasn’t a good fit. It could be 100% that he wasn’t good enough, it could be other things.

Reyna is the most electric soccer player in America and saw almost zero playing time in this years World Cup. Sometimes there is more to the story and we will find out if he can play or not - just won’t be at IU

He won’t play at anywhere near this level. Hasn’t been a player transfer out in recent memory that went on to play at this level with the exception of Franklin and that wasn’t for playing time.