Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

Just now, Chris007 said:

Does Caleb Furst count? I think if he ends up in the portal, he'll end up at IU ;-)

That would rock because it would be good AND funny. Fwiw his brother, a senior at Blackhawk Christian, is planning to walk on at Purdue. Obviously that could change too.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Does Caleb Furst count? I think if he ends up in the portal, he'll end up at IU ;-)

He would count.

• Is he in the portal yet? 
  • Isn't his younger brother already signed to be a preferred walk-on at Purdue next year?

Finally, you sir are attempting to:

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

He would count.

• Is he in the portal yet? 
  • Isn't his younger brother already signed to be a preferred walk-on at Purdue next year?

Finally, you sir are attempting to:

image.jpeg

Who me?? It's probably just some Purdue guys playing jokes on me. But lots of smoke today. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does he have another brother at IU?

Either he previously did, or he's still there finishing up.

From a 2019 ITH article, when his older brother was an IU freshman:

Aside from spending time with Indiana’s coaches and players before and after Hoosier Hysteria, Furst and his family took the weekend to spend time with his brother Nathan, a freshman at Indiana.

Furst is aware the college experience varies significantly between that of a regular student and a student-athlete, and said Nathan’s time at Indiana won’t influence his college choice too much.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Either he has, or he's still there. From a 2019 ITH article, when his older brother was an IU freshman:

Aside from spending time with Indiana’s coaches and players before and after Hoosier Hysteria, Furst and his family took the weekend to spend time with his brother Nathan, a freshman at Indiana.

Furst is aware the college experience varies significantly between that of a regular student and a student-athlete, and said Nathan’s time at Indiana won’t influence his college choice too much.

I thought so. He's still on campus finishing up his senior year I believe. Something to keep an eye on if he enters the portal. 

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Adios Logan Duncomb. No surprise - Woody did not seem to be a fan.

We will miss you, your temptingly fluid looking jump shot, and your achy sinuses!

https://www.insidethehall.com/2023/03/23/indiana-center-logan-duncomb-to-enter-the-transfer-portal/

My guess is that Xavier might be interested... or possibly UC.  He could be a serviceable to solid bench guy.

3 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

My guess is that Xavier might be interested... or possibly UC.  He could be a serviceable to solid bench guy.

Yeah sounds like he wants to go closer to home. I would be surprised if we see any more portal entries before next week. 

8 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I won't be shocked if another 1-2 transfer out, but there isn't anyone I WANT to leave. 

I'd take Furst in a second! Although I still don't love (non-grad) transfers within conference, just seems especially dirty. 

I think 2 more at this point.