Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coaching Changes Nationally

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully not Penn St. It's just a bad job and don't want to see him go there and fail for a few years

I hope not too! I don't think FAU will ever be a powerhouse, but now that they have some notoriety, he could legitimately stay there for a few years and have a nice program, until his dream job came calling.

Just now, bigrod said:

I hope not too! I don't think FAU will ever be a powerhouse, but now that they have some notoriety, he could legitimately stay there for a few years and have a nice program, until his dream job came calling.

Just remember, it can't be IU because we've already slotted Shrewsberry into that job.   :-D

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Yes his team is mostly sophs and juniors so if everyone stayed they could be good again next season. But Johnell Davis might hit the portal to go to a power 5 and if he does, we will be right there waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Just remember, it can't be IU because we've already slotted Shrewsberry into that job.   :-D

You were probably napping yesterday afternoon when I said it would be Schrews, May, and Lewis but May was in the lead because I know him. After the elite 8 win his lead has gotten bigger

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes his team is mostly sophs and juniors so if everyone stayed they could be good again next season. But Johnell Davis might hit the portal to go to a power 5 and if he does, we will be right there waiting. 

How would Johnell Davis fit with our squad?  

16 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He would be our starting two guard who can give us 13-15 points a game.

He's a college three for me. Saw him from the tenth row in person three times this season.

About 6'4", sturdy, great feet (for the @Demo's in the audience), not a great athlete, doesn't get sped up, can flip it in with either hand from anywhere, innate knack for putting the ball in the basket, mediocre defender. 

In person Nick Boyd is extremely impressive; about 6'2 or 3" with long arms, quick first step, sees the court, never plays timidly, sees the court well, guards the other team's best perimeter player.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He's a college three for me. Saw him from the tenth row in person three times this season.

About 6'4", sturdy, great feet (for the @Demo's in the audience), not a great athlete, doesn't get sped up, can flip it in with either hand from anywhere, innate knack for putting the ball in the basket, mediocre defender. 

In person Nick Boyd is extremely impressive; about 6'2 or 3" with long arms, quick first step, sees the court, never plays timidly, sees the court well, guards the other team's best perimeter player.

I'm fine with him being a 3. I just know he would help us, I know he has made it known he wants to help his family and I know we have money to spend. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm fine with him being a 3. I just know he would help us, I know he has made it known he wants to help his family and I know we have money to spend. 

We've got a whole helluva lot more NIL than FAU. Everybody does.

On a 25,000 student campus FAU's gym holds 2,900. Basically a solid, modernized but not notable Indiana high school gym. Most tickets are $15.00 - get them at game time with open seating, parking is free, and Dusty May is due for a big raise. And if the locals could choose, their football program would be the success - not many give a rat's @$$ about basketball in these parts.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

We've got a whole helluva lot more NIL than FAU. Everybody does.

On a 25,000 student campus FAU's gym holds 2,900. Basically a solid, modernized but not notable Indiana high school gym. Most tickets are $15.00 - get them at game time with open seating, parking is free, and Dusty May is due for a big raise. And if the locals could choose, their football program would be the success - not many give a rat's @$$ about basketball in these parts.

Can't wait for you to invite me down for expensive coffee and FAU basketball game :-)

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

And with Woody's retirement upcoming .  .  .   

48 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Big fan of not only doing something, but doing it well. :-)

We’ll see how Shrewsberry fares at ND. I’ve mentioned in this thread that the ND administration is openly hostile to NIL. Today their president and AD have a letter in the NYT basically saying as much. I could easily see ND basketball being behind Purdue when it comes to NIL.   

In any event, there’s a very real chance Shrewsberry will be ready to move on in a few years if he can generate any success there at all. That ND job is simply shaping up to be a bad one.