Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Coaching Changes Nationally

Kim English to Providence is apparently a done deal, opening up George Mason. Would ordinarily say that’s a really good mid-major gig that would make a lot of sense for a guy like Hunter, and it probably still is, but their AD left months ago and they haven’t filled it. Kind of a strange deal. 

By all accounts, Porter Moser was trying everything he could to try to get the Notre Dame job.  This is a guy who coached ten years at a Catholic college with no reason to have success and led them to a final four and four straight twenty-win seasons.  Was a highly attractive candidate before Oklahoma landed him now.  How quickly his status changed.

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Notre Dame wins the bidding war, huge hire for the Irish

The right move for Shrewsberry, As good a coach as he is, in 2 years he didn’t create anything remotely sustainable there. The next guy, if he’s lucky, has Clary and Njie and nothing else. 

1 minute ago, Demo said:

The right move for Shrewsberry, As good a coach as he is, in 2 years he didn’t create anything remotely sustainable there. The next guy, if he’s lucky, has Clary and Njie and nothing else. 

Penn State and Minnesota are really really going to suck next year.

After single plays against both of them this season fingers crossed we should be in for a double play against both next year.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Maybe we’ll be able to poach him in a couple years after Woody retires. 

Or...Micah fails in South Bend?

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

After single plays against both of them this season fingers crossed we should be in for a double play against both next year.

If Micah Shrewsberry leaves... PSU will struggle.. if not.. theyll be tough. They were supposed to suck this year.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Last year's conference schedule was a duplicate of the 2018-19 year, not specific dates but same opponents. Using that, this was IU's B1G schedule for 2019-20, thus should be the 2023-24 schedule too.

IU 2023-24 B1G Opponents

Double Plays
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Ohio St
Penn St
Purdon’t
Wisconsin

Single Plays – Home
Iowa
Michigan St
Northwestern

Single Plays – Away
Illinois
Michigan
Rutger

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Last year's conference schedule was a duplicate of the 2018-19 year, not specific dates but same opponents. Using that, this was IU's B1G schedule for 2019-20, thus should be the 2023-24 schedule too.

IU 2023-24 B1G Opponents

Double Plays
Maryland
Minnesota
Nebraska
Ohio St
Penn St
Purdon’t
Wisconsin

Single Plays – Home
Iowa
Michigan St
Northwestern

Single Plays – Away
Illinois
Michigan
Rutger

That’s the good stuff—give me some of that!

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

Marcus Burton is staying committed . Nice guard from Penn high school .

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think he had a clause in his PSU contract that he could leave for IU and expect the same at ND

Does such a specific clause in his contract exist because there’s already mutual interest and IU already knows they would want him? Or does he have that in his contract as a “just in case IU becomes available and I’m in the running, then I want to be able to go.”? 

27 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Does such a specific clause in his contract exist because there’s already mutual interest and IU already knows they would want him? Or does he have that in his contract as a “just in case IU becomes available and I’m in the running, then I want to be able to go.”? 

I think there is mutual interest since his dad is good friends with Glass. But probably more on Micah side because IU is his dream job.