Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Style of Play

Current
Good cause for the first time ever in my Fandom I want as many guys transferring as we can get. I hope this doesn't sound rude but I think we need a huge talent shakeup to be able to compete next season. Time to gamble and hopefully get some new talent

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we will pay transfer portal guys, I'm just saying what I'm hearing about bench guys coming back is crazy high

Those greedy bench sitters . Lol . Well they do have a Lil bargaining power . But it works both ways . PORTAL shopping is the new black .

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If what's being said is true I think we will see a different style next season. I think the coaches want 4 guys on the court at all times who can take someone off the dribble. We'll see. It's going to be a different team for sure. I think the asking price by some of the players will be too high and IU will tell them to hit the road. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we will pay transfer portal guys, I'm just saying what I'm hearing about bench guys coming back is crazy high

bUt thE pRogRaM cAn'T Do tHaT!!!

Hopefully we will become serious about how we approach winning with the current landscape of college basketball and don't make excuses why we can't get there. I hope we see action and not talk.

12 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I find this super interesting considering what we thought the bench was going to be and what it ended up being.

Yep, the bench was awful the last half of the season. Little to no production off the bench was the norm.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I believe the staff needs to do a better job developing the "bench," if it wants the bench / younger or less-experienced players to be productive (it should). The what-I-see-as-extreme over-use of certain veteran players - experience, over frosh or more raw players who bring athleticism and raw talent that needs in-game development, holds us back. Miami is a hyper athletic, attacking team, it itself is an extreme example, but that's the kind of team we struggled with, and rolling out the same players and minutes while guys sit on the bench and don't develop is a crutch. 

Yes, we need talent from the portal. But we also need better player development. (TJD developed beautifully, but that was never a question. Gallo developed a nice outside shot, but it was there to develop last season.) Crean, for another extreme example, wasn't a strong x's and o's coach (captain obvious again), but he developed multiple players well. That's one part of improving a team. Imo, it needs improvement under this staff.

40 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Anthony Leal was able to easily afford to pay off his sisters student loans and he was roster player #13.  I'm not worried about IU having the NIL to bring players in.  Just need the right pieces.

I'm worried they won't pony up on the big get . The one that makes a difference . Not portal but sisley better have a better than 250000  nil coming in and Harrelson you sell the freaking farm.  Adapt or die 

28 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Probably not a popular opinion, but I believe the staff needs to do a better job developing the "bench," if it wants the bench / younger or less-experienced players to be productive (it should). The what-I-see-as-extreme over-use of certain veteran players - experience, over frosh or more raw players who bring athleticism and raw talent that needs in-game development, holds us back. Miami is a hyper athletic, attacking team, it itself is an extreme example, but that's the kind of team we struggled with, and rolling out the same players and minutes while guys sit on the bench and don't develop is a crutch. 

Yes, we need talent from the portal. But we also need better player development. (TJD developed beautifully, but that was never a question. Gallo developed a nice outside shot, but it was there to develop last season.) Crean, for another extreme example, wasn't a strong x's and o's coach (captain obvious again), but he developed multiple players well. That's one part of improving a team. Imo, it needs improvement under this staff.

That is on the assistant staff more than anyone IMO.