Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#1 IUWBB vs #9 Miami - Monday, 3/20/23 @ 8:00 on ESPN2

Miami's teams exploited both our squad's weaknesses .Lack of elite speed in the backcourt.

That being said I haven't been to many games anymore exciting than the ladies provided this season including tonight's disappointment.Hated to see Grace lose her final game in the Hall.Shes been a great one.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Did she travel? I love how Reggie Wayne admits she traveled but still celebrates the win.

Yes. I thought I saw it on the replays last night and ran it back a few times. I can’t believe this ref had this angle and swallowed the whistle. 

4 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Yes. I thought I saw it on the replays last night and ran it back a few times. I can’t believe this ref had this angle and swallowed the whistle. 

Exactly just call the travel, go to OT, and let the girls decide it. 

My final points.

1. I understand why the ladies went all out on the Iowa game ( to bring stature and visibility to the program). For this particular year I understand but next year the ladies should rest. You worked hard and for that work you should take advantage of the privileges you receive for working so hard. 

2. I love our Coach. This is a program with long term potential to be a threat for many years. I hope recruits see our large crowds and look at the X’s and O’s And come to realize that we could be a hot spot to go to (NIL, passionate basketball fans, we remember our favorite players).

3. We as fans are now emotionally invested into the outcomes of this basketball program. This has it’s negatives but the positives will carry and help the program grow (little more money in ticket purchases, people to buy shirts and jersey’ etc). I’m so sad right now but in its own way, is a good thing.

Looking forward to see what next year brings us. 

Still processing the loss last night and reflecting back on what was a historical season.  We had so many firsts for our team this year that it was hard to keep track.  We will miss Grace and her poise and strength of character, but I believe her spirit will remain strong in this team as they move forward.

Reflecting on our losses this year, we can sum them up as 12 points.  (5, 1, 4, 2).  To me, this shows that no matter how much the team was down during a game, they fought to the end and had chances to win all four.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Did she travel? I love how Reggie Wayne admits she traveled but still celebrates the win.

I thought the men's game was bad on officiating travels but after watching several women's games this year, I'm not sure I even know what a travel is. 

Case in point, during the first quarter last night Miami hops, skips, and jumps around the lane before scoring without a single dribble for most of it. The very next play Garzon is called for a travel for taking off on a drive before the ball hit the ground. Garzon probably traveled, the Miami player clearly did but only one was called. 

8 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I thought the men's game was bad on officiating travels but after watching several women's games this year, I'm not sure I even know what a travel is. 

Case in point, during the first quarter last night Miami hops, skips, and jumps around the lane before scoring without a single dribble for most of it. The very next play Garzon is called for a travel for taking off on a drive before the ball hit the ground. Garzon probably traveled, the Miami player clearly did but only one was called. 

Yeah, I went to my first-ever women's games this season and the officiating is horrendous. I noticed their post girl last night took several steps without dribbling in the lane a few different times. 

4 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

It starts in HS. Girls are allowed to travel on about every jump shot.

Equality Theory:  The Equality term gets thrown around in many life areas nowadays.  I was at the game last night and to me it looked as though refs officiated game wanting to keep it equal…meaning this:

1.  Called game to neutralize home court     advantage, crowd support for IU Ladies and IU band (IU won the battle of the bands).

2.  Fouls and no calls benefited Miami more than IU. Examples (a). Parrish standing straight with hands straight up and Hardin flops on 3 ball resulting in 3 made ft’s for Miami (Parrish though she may commit fouls it seems to me that refs pick on her more than her share neutralizing some of her good plays) (b). Berger on the run after stealing a pass no call as Berger falls to the floor resulting in Miami rebound.  (C). when Miami got a questionable call against them IU would just get the ball possession (a lesser benefit). (d). Holmes getting challenged physically and no foul call on missed shot

3.  Refs seemed to conference in conversation at every time out having discussions.

Those are just a couple examples among others including letting a couple chaotic plays go which favored to let Miami being aggressive, playing confidently with some swagger and setting game tempo.  

(It crossed my mind if there wasn’t Vegas money involved)….some of my thoughts in observing human behavior.

Equality Theory:  The Equality term gets thrown around in many life areas nowadays.  I was at the game last night and to me it looked as though refs officiated game wanting to keep it equal…meaning this:
1.  Called game to neutralize home court     advantage, crowd support for IU Ladies and IU band (IU won the battle of the bands).
2.  Fouls and no calls benefited Miami more than IU. Examples (a). Parrish standing straight with hands straight up and Hardin flops on 3 ball resulting in 3 made ft’s for Miami (Parrish though she may commit fouls it seems to me that refs pick on her more than her share neutralizing some of her good plays) (b). Berger on the run after stealing a pass no call as Berger falls to the floor resulting in Miami rebound.  ©. when Miami got a questionable call against them IU would just get the ball possession (a lesser benefit). (d). Holmes getting challenged physically and no foul call on missed shot

3.  Refs seemed to conference in conversation at every time out having discussions.
Those are just a couple examples among others including letting a couple chaotic plays go which favored to let Miami being aggressive, playing confidently with some swagger and setting game tempo.  
(It crossed my mind if there wasn’t Vegas money involved)….some of my thoughts in observing human behavior.

Anti B1G bias. ESPN the world wide leader in sports against the B1G. Money talks? Too conspiratorial?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app