Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

#1 IUWBB vs #9 Miami - Monday, 3/20/23 @ 8:00 on ESPN2

D@mint now I got to sit here and eat this whole box of Tagalongs! Still don’t like the timeout to advance the ball, for whatever reason the ladies just couldn’t get over the hump tonight. Great season and feel bad for Berger! Ugh 10 cookies to go.

giphy.gif&key=ce5e77395cf77a41fbc3a6266db0f755683595481d01ead6e2f6457389f95734

If you can’t agree on that this loss given the expectations of this team is embarrassing, I truly can’t help you. IU has been a dumpster fire with no expectations. Now embarrassment comes with the territory. That game was example A of that.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

The Caitlin Clark game winner was the beginning of the end. We had probably overachieved to that point and the team seemed to lose its edge after that game. 

I actually thought the same thing -- not necessarily that we overachieved, but that we haven't been the same since that loss in Iowa City. That seemed to take a good bit of the wind out of our sails. 

Just now, tomallenfan1 said:

If you can’t agree on that this loss given the expectations of this team is embarrassing, I truly can’t help you. IU has been a dumpster fire with no expectations. Now embarrassment comes with the territory. That game was example A of that.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

giphy.gif

Coherence required here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The bad news: that sucked. 

The good news: We get most everybody back, including Mack -- who, hopefully, will get healed up and come back strong. 

The bad news: We lose Grace -- one of the best to ever play for the IU women. 

The good news: Chloe ran the point when Grace was injured this year, and did pretty well. 

The bad news: Chloe made some bad decisions recently. 

The good news: We're a destination now -- and should get some interest from the transfer portal. 

It's your typical bad news-good news-bad news-good news-bad news-good news scenario.   

11 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

The bad news: that sucked. 

The good news: We get most everybody back, including Mack -- who, hopefully, will get healed up and come back strong. 

The bad news: We lose Grace -- one of the best to ever play for the IU women. 

The good news: Chloe ran the point when Grace was injured this year, and did pretty well. 

The bad news: Chloe made some bad decisions recently. 

The good news: We're a destination now -- and should get some interest from the transfer portal. 

It's your typical bad news-good news-bad news-good news-bad news-good news scenario.   

Good/bad news: Can’t cancel my South Beach Trip this summer

The IU Ladies basketball program Under T. Moren, staff, and players 2022-2023 had a great season winning the regular Big Ten Championship.  And ended at 28 wins and 4 losses.  I don’t know anyone who would not have taken that before the season started.  With the excitement of winning brings higher expectations.  IU Ladies basketball continues to climb the steps one by one.   Not overnight but continues to walk north.

Miami played with confidence and swagger, played physically,  press kept IU Ladies slowed down, played better defense, (other teams seem to be playing better defense than IU Ladies lately though T. Moren hangs her hat on defense) IU Ladies did not make things happen in their favor lately, quicker to the ball and rebounds (including offensive),  Should have Holmes started and played some vs Tennessee Tech? Miami hit 3 balls and ft’s (I thought IU Ladies were suppose to be a 3 ball and high scoring team. Refs made some costly foul calls and no calls that were costly to IU Ladies more so than Miami and Miami took advantage of most of their opportunities tonight.  
As Holmes goes so goes IU Ladies 2022-2023.  After all…She is First Team All American.