Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R32 IUBB vs Miami - 3/19 @ 8:40 on TNT

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

How can that be when the Big10 gets trounced the first weekend every year.  Why can’t you just play smart winning basketball regardless of the conference makeup. 

If it were that easy, then the Big 10 wouldn't consistently be getting trounced in the tournament.  You can't smart your way into being faster than someone.

10 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Bingo. Woodson is still dealing with Archie players. I would think woody being an nba guy and taking a loss like this tonight, shows him we need some shooting guards. 

How long are we going to do this? Who exactly are Archie players that Woodson couldn't have jettisoned and brought in his guys?

Might sound crazy -- but I'm actually a little worried about Reneau. 

In a weird way, Crean helped us get him. He committed to Florida, but their coach left for Georgia when they fired Crean. After that, Reneau decommitted and JHS basically recruited him to IU. If JHS leaves, which seems very likely, he might not want to hang around. Hell, he's from Miami -- he might've looked at what happened tonight and think that looks like a lot more fun than the B1G's tackle basketball. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

On our last Final Four team Odle started.

Jeff Newton and AJ Moye we’re usually the  first two off the bench. THAT’s the level we’re talking about.

Not to mention Will Sheehey on the 2012-2013 team. Would be great to have a guy like that come off the bench.

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

In a weird way, Crean helped us get him. He committed to Florida, but their coach left for Georgia when they fired Crean. After that, Reneau decommitted and JHS basically recruited him to IU. If JHS leaves, which seems very likely, he might not want to hang around. Hell, he's from Miami -- he might've looked at what happened tonight and think that looks like a lot more fun than the B1G's tackle basketball. 

Unfortunately in this era I worry about all the players. It's open season with free agency. I could totally see it but I think he sticks around. 

2 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Sounds like it... But year 2 just ended and the direction of the program is in limbo basically.

That’s just freaking nonsense.  Program is headed in the right direction.  He kept the Archie pieces in place so we didn’t go full rebuild.  Now some guys will graduate and some will leave, opening up all sorts of possibilities. 

2 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

That’s crossed my mind. Hopefully he likes Woody, the campus and is making decent NIL $$. Would really hate to see him go.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How long are we going to do this? Who exactly are Archie players that Woodson couldn't have jettisoned and brought in his guys?

I feel like the same comments were made about the “Crean guys” when Archie was first hired. Trayce was an ‘Archie guy’ and he was the reason for our success this season. Most of the Archie guys were rotting on the bench this year. Nothing forced him to keep them around. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Well what’s the recruiting window.  Probably 2 years for the best players?  HS juniors this year a probably Woodson’s first all Woodson recruits.  

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Remember what happened the last time we had a coach come in, kick everybody out and bring in his own guys? 

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Nah. If he’s thinking NBA he’ll realize he’s in the right place.  Say what you will but TJD is twice the player today under Woodson than he was two years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

That’s just freaking nonsense.  Program is headed in the right direction.  He kept the Archie pieces in place so we didn’t go full rebuild.  Now some guys will graduate and some will leave, opening up all sorts of possibilities. 

Momentum can stop very quickly. Next season looks this a very rough one at this stage. Idk how anyone could argue differently right now. That could change, sure, but the team needs a ton of additions to stay where we’re at now. We’re losing the majority of our starters and the bench was largely nonexistent. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

On our last Final Four team Odle started.

Jeff Newton and AJ Moye we’re usually the  first two off the bench. THAT’s the level we’re talking about.

And they were hardly world beaters. They had a nice run though.  

The 93 team had a frosh Brian Evans coming off the bench. He’d be a future conf poty and 1st round pick. Of course we had three other 1st round picks starting that year. 

Ya need talent. Period. These conference conspiracy theories are just coping mechanisms from frustrated B1G fans. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Momentum can stop very quickly. Next season looks this a very rough one at this stage. Idk how anyone could argue differently right now. That could change, sure, but the team needs a ton of additions to stay where we’re at now. We’re losing the majority of our starters and the bench was largely nonexistent. 

We had a bench?

B1G is just waiting on UCLA to join and be it’s darling.

Indiana is recruiting the level of guys you need to win at the highest level in ‘24, and ‘25. Going to have to land a bunch of them.

As for next year…. Say we get Jamison Battle and Essegian (which hypothetically seems like best case). Is that a team you’d have faith in to win the big ten? Which is my point, I have no idea what it will take. Probably not a realistic option unless we get a NIL poach or 2.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners