Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R32 IUBB vs Miami - 3/19 @ 8:40 on TNT

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Cut the crap? 
You state you are going to stop watching various games but then keep watching (as if we are concerned wether or not you are watching LOL)   I find it funny, that’s all. 

I get it we are all frustrated, please stay on topic, thanks! 

Just now, tkbbn said:

Wasn't the ending any of us wanted but overall a pretty good year with everything considered. Some good wins, purdoodoo 2x, #4seed in tournament, key injuries hampered us some but a move in the right direction. TJD is awesome and we won't have 1 that good for a long time. We have all had our doubts about Woody at times but I think he is going to get us back where we want to be. Lot more positives than negatives in just 2yrs. Let's hit the portal now and get some help for next year. We aren't bare bones so let's add pieces and continue to improve. Indiana is coming back. 

Yes, I agree with and am focused on that last statement…”Indiana is coming back”.

We’re not there yet, but we’re coming.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

We had zero bench points tonight. 3 of our 5 starters are gone and a fourth is very likely gone. Woody has his work cut out for him this offseason. Hope he’s up for it.

Only had one player off the bench even attempt a shot lol. Bates 0 for 7. Wild. 

Of course you would think this team as Only looking at an NIT.

you are such a debbie downer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In fairness just going by what we are losing and who we have next season does indeed look grim. We need some positive things to happen this off season

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Ugh. Not ready for the season to be over with. I'm not shocked though. Miami has dudes. IU just had the best player on the court. That was the difference. Props to them. This was a good season. Step in the right directions. If you told me after that miserable Wednesday in January after getting blown out by Penn State that IU would be here I would have said you are crazy.

Trayce-thank you! I'm in my late 20's and you are by far the best IU player I've seen. I can't wait to watch you have a good NBA career. He saved this program coming back when Woody was hired and even last year. Race and Miller..thank you for your leadership in getting this program turned around. 

thoughts on the season...this team just wasn't good enough. Always going to ask what if Xavier Johnson doesn't miss the rest of the season. I really think this was a title contending team with him and Jalen back there. 

It’s a guards game and the difference between their perimeter players and JHS/Gallo/Kopp/Bates from a quickness/athletic standpoint was rather stark. I keep rooting for Bates but in the last two games, when he got more run, he was 0-13. Ouch.

Just now, DChoosier said:

It’s a guards game and the difference between their perimeter players and JHS/Gallo/Kopp/Bates from a quickness/athletic standpoint was rather stark. I keep rooting for Bates but in the last two games, when he got more run, he was 0-13. Ouch.

I swear every time he shot the ball or went for a layup somebody put a lid over the basket lol 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Miami has a roster made for March.  Shooters everywhere and they play extremely.   Made the elite 8 last year.   Harlond Beverly drilled a 3 against IU.   Archie recruits still screwing IU 

Buddy of mine made a great point. Said that the mentality of guys who’ve never won anything of significance, doesn’t just flip. They are who they are. Was unfair and unrealistic to expect guys who were accustomed to mediocrity, or worse, to become champions. JHS and Reneau were the only two who were used to winning and they were frosh. It’s really cliche but we need a roster of Woody’s guys. I’m a huge fan of Gabe Cupps. I believe he will take us to the next level as he gains experience and seniority. Time to croot!

8 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I have faith in Coach Woodson. We just really need to be selective with our recruiting . 

This..I think he was too loyal to certain guys in letting them stick around/giving them too many minutes. I think we will have about 4 scholarships. Use them wisely. 

Just now, Bankshot said:

Bates is 0 for March. Just not sure about his future.

Bye bye.  Can’t have that kind of no development.  I have never seen an IU team back in the day where the bench wasn’t pushing the starters.  Zero points off the bench in a tournament game.  SMH.  

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Yep. Crazy how bad Bates has been. I think the writing is on the wall with him. Just doesn’t cut it at this level.