Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R32 IUBB vs Miami - 3/19 @ 8:40 on TNT

Don’t have much to say. Disappointed by how quickly they folded. There were seven minutes left and the intensity decreased when it needed to elevate a level or two. 

TJD did help the program make some steps back to relevancy, but that was not good enough and I don’t like saying that. 

They didn’t leave it all out there. That’s what hurts. 

“Good IU” vs Kent State, “Bad IU” vs Miami. Story of the season, unfortunately. Just horribly inconsistent. 

Better than last year, some positive improvement, injuries definitely a factor.

Significant talent infusion needed.

Need noticeably better outside shooting and grittier competitors.

Just now, RoadRage said:

How long do you think Woody will coach...does he really want to be here 5 years from now?

I don’t think he does and I don’t blame him, he’s older. I think he fits the mold well here at Indiana and can coach. but I’m afraid he doesn’t stick around for long. 

1 minute ago, Bankshot said:

“Good IU” vs Kent State, “Bad IU” vs Miami. Story of the season, unfortunately. Just horribly inconsistent. 

Better than last year, some positive improvement, injuries definitely a factor.

Significant talent infusion needed.

Need noticeably better outside shooting and grittier competitors.

Yeah.  We've been all over the place, especially with the effort

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Cut the crap man.. I’m not after you.

But unfortunately my instincts at that time were right.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cut the crap? 
You state you are going to stop watching various games but then keep watching (as if we are concerned wether or not you are watching LOL)   I find it funny, that’s all. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Watch UConn/Arkansas next week and then ask yourself who on IU is going to guard who.   Until there continues to be improvements to the roster then this will likely be the outcome.   Miami just destroyed a team that plays 2 bigs on the glass with a roster that doesn’t have a player over 6’8 playing meaningful minutes.    Times have changed and until B1G changes this will be the outcome for B1G teams.    1 B1G team out of 8 made the second week with the only 2 teams that were suppose to advance not advancing 

And MSU is looking pretty good right now. They recruit athletes and it is often men against boys, their players are just more mature! Recruiting is a big issue, we are soft and not very athletic....but very likable!

Wasn't the ending any of us wanted but overall a pretty good year with everything considered. Some good wins, purdoodoo 2x, #4seed in tournament, key injuries hampered us some but a move in the right direction. TJD is awesome and we won't have 1 that good for a long time. We have all had our doubts about Woody at times but I think he is going to get us back where we want to be. Lot more positives than negatives in just 2yrs. Let's hit the portal now and get some help for next year. We aren't bare bones so let's add pieces and continue to improve. Indiana is coming back. 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Watch UConn/Arkansas next week and then ask yourself who on IU is going to guard who.   Until there continues to be improvements to the roster then this will likely be the outcome.   Miami just destroyed a team that plays 2 bigs on the glass with a roster that doesn’t have a player over 6’8 playing meaningful minutes.    Times have changed and until B1G changes this will be the outcome for B1G teams.    1 B1G team out of 8 made the second week with the only 2 teams that were suppose to advance not advancing 

So you’re telling me it’s actually talent and not some conspiracy by the league office’s officials??? 

B1G doesn’t win because we have no talent. Unfortunately even when we bring in a five star guy like JHS he’s not a great athlete. IU needs to lead the way in being a recruiting force. 

2 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

Please lord, convince JHS to stay one more year

Nah.  Let him go and use him as a recruiting tool.  We need guys who will be here 4 years and are willing to develop.  JHS may get us a few wins next year, but so what.  We need long term cultural rebuilding.