Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R32 IUBB vs Miami - 3/19 @ 8:40 on TNT

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Problem with JHS on the bench is that Bates still can't hit shots.  Think we need good JHS in the second half to win.

Problem is JHS will shoot 20 ft contested jumpers and brick them. If they weren’t going in at the start they won’t be going in this half either. Very streaky shooter. 

Just now, rcs29 said:

Galloway and JHS need to get their **** together. Not just for a few moments here and there but the entire time they're on the court. Kopp saving our ***** at the end of the half. Great 90 seconds from Banks and I think I may favor him over Reneau in 2nd half. Love Malik but Banks gives us the athleticism we need in this particular game.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Banks is a nice defensive matchup but gives us nothing on offense when they’re already clogging the lane on us

Just now, dmvhoosier12 said:

Yeah, I really wonder what’s going on with TJD. I know he got a hip pointer in the last game….did they give him something for it and he’s just totally out of it now? 

I really think it’s the failure to run plays for TJD. He barely has touches, and it’s not the D. He needs to be much more involved 

We are so lucky we are just down 5.  It really ticks me off that Race, Gallo, and Miller are playing HARD but outside a couple minutes from TJD, JHS and TJD are playing with no effort.  Kopp should become primal and get into TJD and JHS faces at halftime.

Ok so is JG just in the dog house? Or is this still a health issue?

This is exactly the kind of game his quick athleticism, rebounding and blocking ability is needed. If CMW just isn’t playing him, that’s just bad, and yeah, he should transfer. Race has no chance defensively in this game, guys are just blowing by him

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah.. I know we will play JHS. But he killed us in the first half. Need him to eat his Spinach at halftime.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yes, it was a really bad half for JHS.  Unfortunately Bates went 0 for 3 and had a horrible turnover.

Trayce just doesn't look like he's moving right currently.  His rotations to the rim have been really slow on defense, which isn't normal.  Have to think the hip pointer is really bothering him.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

How is Reneau going to help that problem?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He can play and score in the opposite post. He’ll be going against a much smaller man. If they help it’s a dunk for tjd or a kickout 3. It’s an ok mismatch for us. 

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Problem is JHS will shoot 20 ft contested jumpers and brick them. If they weren’t going in at the start they won’t be going in this half either. Very streaky shooter. 

Wrong.

He has turned it around a number of games.