Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R32 IUBB vs Miami - 3/19 @ 8:40 on TNT

I think perimeter D is going to be especially key for us in this game. Match up wise, their guards concern me. Hope we control the boards,  play through TJD, and have great games from everyone - but particularly - JHS, Trey and Kopp. 

If Bates has a good game, I think we're in it to the end, at least. Pretty much trust our front court to do what we them to.

Have total trust in Woodson at this point in the year, I liked his sub patterns/timing for timeout/demeanor on the sidelines a lot yesterday. 

IU is 1.5 favorite and the o/u is 145.5.  

That over under should scare people. I’ve already posted why this game scares me and is trouble for us. So only good vibes in this thread.

Reasons/ways we can win: 

-Miami could just be off offensively. They were yesterday and they’re not a good team if not putting up points. 

-We get some surprise help. Galloway is struggling. What’s it look like if he has a hot shooting game? Ditto for Bates.

-Race, Reneau or both will have to punish them for going a little small. If not we’re in a mismatch situation. Both played well last night tho.  

-Finally, JHS could have the type of game that everybody is envisioning when they talk about him climbing up the draft board. He can show that he’s the best guard at both ends of the floor and light ‘em up. Combine that with another great TJD performance and our two stars can power us through.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Spero Dedes, Debbie Antonelli, and A.J. Ross will be on the call for the round of 32 matchup between Indiana and Miami on Sunday at 8:40 pm EST (TNT).

They weren't going to change announcers for the second round. They keep the announcers on the same location for both rounds

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Looks like they're the opposite of Kent State. KSU had the #116 adjusted offense and the #42 adjusted defense. Miami is #12 in offense and #112 in defense. 

Very similar to Iowa, in that regard.  

BUT…Miami doesn’t really rely on 3’s quite as much as Iowa does. They’re smaller and quicker. Hopefully we’ll run them off the line a little where TJD is there to alter/block shots.  I can live with them beating us off the bounce if we can force them into midrange and contested shots at the rim.