Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Tennessee Tech - NCAA - Saturday, 3/18/23 at 11:30 am on ESPN2

B1G conference news.

Minnesota hired West Virginia head coach Dawn Plitzuweit on Saturday to a six-year contract, turning to another leader with strong regional ties to try to lift up the lagging program. Plitzuweit, who replaces Lindsay Whalen, has 16 years of experience as a head coach with a career record of 356-141 at four schools.

Did what a #1 seed is supposed to do.  Kick the crap out of a 16 seed.  Final score 77-47.

Pts:  Grace 17; Sydney 15; Yarden 12; Lilly 7

Reb:  Grace 7; Sydney 6; Yarden and Lilly each 3; Sara and Alyssa each 2             IU - 37           TT - 31

Asst:  Grace 4; Chloe 3; 5 with 2 each                 

IU Shooting:  57% FG; 31% on 3s; 78% FT                    TT:  29% FG; 32% on 3s; 50% FT

I was responding to your above comment about being concerned she didn't enter the game because we were struggling. The team needed to settle down and do what they do with Mack available or not. We weren't going to lose the game in the first quarter.
I don't know how injured Mack is or what the plan is for her return. I do know that struggling in the first quarter in the opening round game against a 16 seed doesn't require us to panic and play Mack if that's not the plan.

I was not advocating for Mack to play against a 16 seed. We were not losing this game and no one was panicking. I was stating that Mack not playing against this team by the first quarter, it indicated she is more hurt than we had hoped. This does not bode well if this injury lingers. That’s all, Aloha.

I love watching this team. This wasn’t their best performance, but even an average performance by these lady Hoosiers are often enough to dominate other teams. Sound offensively and defensively. The coaching staff is top-notch. The fact they pour it on in the third and fourth quarters says something about the coaching staff’s ability to make adjustments and find mismatches, weaknesses, etc. It also says a lot about the players who have bought in to the coaching staff and who clearly know they belong and know they should beat anyone they play against.

I hope they can make it to the finals to get their shot to claim number one, and what a greatly anticipated matchup it would be if the BigTen-tested IU plays against reigning national champion, undefeated, and favorite South Carolina…who, from an outsider looking in, appears to have had far less of a test throughout their conference season. 

Rest up and heal, Holmes! Go Hoosiers!