Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Easy to root against those programs. Although Nil Miami aren’t any Saints.  Love watching them shoot the rock though.  

Can you imagine our season with Clowney.

That's why I hate Bama so much.

That and the culture.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If I could redraft I take UConn probably.

I put Zags, Texas, Kst, Miami in the equal next batch.  

I don’t think the others stand much of a chance. 

I picked the Zags this year mostly because there  was no dominant team and with a coach like Few and a player like Timme they have been close before it’s only a matter of time for that program.   Creighton on the other side of the bracket was supposed to be a threat to win it all early and had a bad stretch without all their players.   Should be a fun end to the tourney 

My big takeaways from the tournament have largely confirmed things we’ve repeated a lot:
1. You need 7-8 dudes. Dudes 8-10 have to be serviceable, or situationally useful (Durr-style big body for an Edey).
2. of those 7-8, you need a PG, a big, and then probably 4 of the others need to be some variety of switchy 6’4”-6’9” types with overlapping skills.
3. Someone needs to be able to play backup PG in a pinch, but that could be a Galloway-type. Someone needs to be able to play backup 5 in a pinch, but aside from the Durr/Edey situation above, sometimes that might be playing small with a Race, a Malik Hall/Joey Hauser front line, or similar.
4. IU has a PG, it has a big, it has a number of guys who fit that wing mold at various spots along the development curve, but it needs more in-between guys. Luckily that’s what they’ve been portaling and recruiting for.
Well said

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Winner of Zags/UConn probably going to win it all 

I throw in Texas, maybe even over Zags, but yes.

There are a LOT of truly insane possibilities alive — e.g. FAU is two coin-flip games from playing for the title, to pick one

1 minute ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Weird to see a team take and make open 3s

One encouraging thing is Woody clearly WANTS guys to let fly like Miami does. JHS did, Bates has terrible shot selection but at least took ‘em. Just need a couple cold blooded guys.

43 minutes ago, lillurk said:

One encouraging thing is Woody clearly WANTS guys to let fly like Miami does. JHS did, Bates has terrible shot selection but at least took ‘em. Just need a couple cold blooded guys.

Kopp could be that guy, but he was so hesitant or would pump fake then pass it lol