Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

It’s March 2024. Kaleb Banks tipped out an offensive rebound, then X found him in the corner for a 3 to put IU up 66-57. Shaka Smart calls a timeout to stop the bleeding with 5:19 left in the round of 16. Marquette has no answer for Malik, who has 19 and 8 boards.

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

It’s March 2024. Kaleb Banks tipped out an offensive rebound, then X found him in the corner for a 3 to put IU up 66-57. Shaka Smart calls a timeout to stop the bleeding with 5:19 left in the round of 16. Marquette has no answer for Malik, who has 19 and 8 boards.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Some day, we'll be in a Sweet 16 game, oscillating between thinking we're going to win and thinking we're going to lose a handful of times in the final minutes. 

Some day...

Elite 8 next year (not a prediction, just daydreaming). As you can see above, we’ll feel good down the stretch in the round of 16. Going down to the wire in the E8 with, uhhh, the vision’s getting blurry

46 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Elite 8 next year (not a prediction, just daydreaming). As you can see above, we’ll feel good down the stretch in the round of 16. Going down to the wire in the E8 with, uhhh, the vision’s getting blurry

I’ve never seen a Elite 8 live, so hopefully 

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Last Elite 8 game  I was at i saw a kids bone sticking out of his leg and heard his screams from my seat.    That was crazy and sitting next to Louisville fans barking like a dog the whole game kind a stunk as well.   Interesting game and atmosphere to be at as a neutral person 

My big takeaways from the tournament have largely confirmed things we’ve repeated a lot:

1. You need 7-8 dudes. Dudes 8-10 have to be serviceable, or situationally useful (Durr-style big body for an Edey).

2. of those 7-8, you need a PG, a big, and then probably 4 of the others need to be some variety of switchy 6’4”-6’9” types with overlapping skills.

3. Someone needs to be able to play backup PG in a pinch, but that could be a Galloway-type. Someone needs to be able to play backup 5 in a pinch, but aside from the Durr/Edey situation above, sometimes that might be playing small with a Race, a Malik Hall/Joey Hauser front line, or similar.

4. IU has a PG, it has a big, it has a number of guys who fit that wing mold at various spots along the development curve, but it needs more in-between guys. Luckily that’s what they’ve been portaling and recruiting for.

10 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Last Elite 8 game  I was at i saw a kids bone sticking out of his leg and heard his screams from my seat.    That was crazy and sitting next to Louisville fans barking like a dog the whole game kind a stunk as well.   Interesting game and atmosphere to be at as a neutral person 

My last Elite 8 was Kansas State vs. Loyola Chicago. It was an awesome atmosphere and the Loyola fans around us were fantastic from before tip to post game celebrations. I was really appreciative of how their fans treated and included the family in rooting/celebrating.

This tournament has been awesome. Just great games and I feel like each round keeps delivering. Last night only one of the favorites won. Not sure this happens in any other sport. I'm a huge NFL guy and that is always #1 but college hoops this time of the year is awesome. Should be some good basketball the rest of the way.