Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

29 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

I didn’t read that yet, but I did see some other stats. If the article covers the same ground as my post, I apologize….

FDU was 275 on Kenpom after their win. In essence they are the exact type of team that I (and others) complain about playing in the preconf season because they’re just “buy games” that offer us no challenge. 

Kenpom has an effective height metric. I guess by this metric Purdue is that tallest team (effectively, speaking) in the country. FDU is dead last in that ranking and the shortest team.

Per Kenpom, FDU is the 10th worst def in the country. They held Purdue to no FG’s for over 5 min at the end.   

FDU is probably the worst team to make the tourney in its history. Lol… 

33 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Postgame comments by Zach Edey printed in the Indy Star make it seem like he is leaning toward turning pro.  Said he loves the locker room and would love to come back but he’s s first consideration is going to be the money involved

His stock wouldn't get higher by sticking around another year.

Postgame comments by Zach Edey printed in the Indy Star make it seem like he is leaning toward turning pro.  Said he loves the locker room and would love to come back but he’s s first consideration is going to be the money involved

Interesting. I thought for sure he’d be back. Purdues NIL gonna get tested. And the NBA is also crazy for not wanting this guy somewhere on your bench. I’m already not thrilled with Dickinson coming back, so Edey leaving with be quite nice.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

So just to sum it all up. The golden era of Purdue basketball

2018 - Lost to 14 Seed

2019 - Absolutely Choked in the Elite 8

2020 - Missed the Cancelled Tourney Barring a magical run in the BTT

2021 - Lost to 13 Seed

2022 - Lost to 15 Seed

2023 - Lost to 16 Seed  

So much history here folks  

I think Edey is unable to get NIL, or at least is limited, due to his being an international player. Isn't that correct? If so he should go make $ over seas while he can. I've actually come to really respect him as a leader this year after listening to his media availabilities.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk