Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

Didn't virginal win the championship the year after they lost? Happy as heck just hope this doesn't give them enough determination to come back stronger next year

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, Hovadipo said:

Out of all BS rules the NCAA has come up with, that’s firmly in the top 3. Might take the cake. 

Yes, definitely top 3 if not #1. Makes less than 0 sense. I assume it has to be related to money for some reason. 

Because if you can compete all year and win at this level, its straight up unfair to take away the opportunity to do it on the biggest stage

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Didn't virginal win the championship the year after they lost? Happy as heck just hope this doesn't give them enough determination to come back stronger next year

Yea…and as Barkley is reminding everyone UVA lost their best player right before the tourney. He said Purdue is the REAL first round 1-16 upset. Lol…poor Purdue…always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Farleigh Dickinson lost to Pom #327 Sacred Heart (twice), #362 Hartford, #331 Stonehill, #340 Central Connecticutt, #308 St. Peter's, #314 Wagner, and #311 Merrimack.  FDU didn't even actually win their conference tournament....Merrimack did, but because they are in their fourth and final year of reclassifcation jump to D1, Merrimack was ineligible for the tournament.

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Virginia was probably the most improbable champion I've ever seen. It took a one in a million break for them to beat Purdue, another incredible break to beat Auburn, and then OT to win the title game. 

The problem with Purdue is that they now have a very well established track record of failing in March, and it predates a coach who's been there for nearly 2 decades. That can really mess with guys mentally, and I think we saw it tonight. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If IU were able to make a deep run after getting shafted by big ten officiating all year it might be the evidence necessary. But honestly I don’t think it’s a bug but a feature 

Hey the Big 1.o can claim something about highest attendance, most teams in, and some other nonsense while they continue to limit the league.

8 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Farleigh Dickinson lost to Pom #327 Sacred Heart (twice), #362 Hartford, #331 Stonehill, #340 Central Connecticutt, #308 St. Peter's, #314 Wagner, and #311 Merrimack.  FDU didn't even actually win their conference tournament....Merrimack did, but because they are in their fourth and final year of reclassifcation jump to D1, Merrimack was ineligible for the tournament.

Forgot about the Merrimack situation. Makes this even funnier

On 3/12/2023 at 6:48 PM,  Stuhoo said: 

Purdue is absolutely screwed with the FAU draw too. 

FAU has a very big, very strong, pretty quick defensive 7 footer and on offense the spread the floor and shoot threes. 

And then a potential very hot Duke team?!?

Oh goodness that’s a suck draw for Puredoo.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:22 PM,  Stuhoo said: 

Purdud also draws a 16 seed that presses constantly. Too much to ask, but still, FDU is 100% the right style to compete as a 16 with Purdoooo.

While in some societies it is considered impolite to bump oneself, I feel that the occasion calls for it.

Yeah…baybeeeeee.