Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

6 minutes ago, tkbbn said:

Who would they get? That is a joke. They better just enjoy their little victories and be happy.

Shrewsberry might be a better choice but they aren't smart enough to do that if they fire Painter. I don't know why Shrewsberry would want to that when better opportunities are likely in the future. 

When St. Peter's beat Purdue last year, it wasn't until about 7 or 8 minutes were left in the game that I seriously began to entertain the thought the Peacocks could win. Right about the same time this game, I got the same exact vibe. 

When Purdue made their Elite 8 run a few years ago, it was pretty jarring to watch because I thought Painter had finally gotten them to a point where they were mentally tougher than anyone they faced. In the three tournaments since, they've now lost games to 16, 15 and 13 seeds. Painter is probably near the apex of his career. Purdue may be embarrassed and frustrated with his postseason failures, but someday he won't be there, and they'll wish they still had him. 

2 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Right. A former D2 school won the tournament and because of a technicality, could not participate in March Madness. Wild.

Out of all BS rules the NCAA has come up with, that’s firmly in the top 3. Might take the cake.