Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Non-IU NCAA TOURNAMENT GAMES

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Remember when he wasn't going to be able to log that many minutes or his body stand up to that many minutes? Good times. purdoodoo is definitely flawed and could be upset in the second round against Memphis or FAU. They had Jenkins (?) come up big in a few of their Big 1.o tourney games when Smith and Loyer shrank. It'll be interesting to see how they deal with pressure and more athletic guards in the big dance. I could easily see Edey making lots of trips to the FT line during the tourney as teams haven't experienced dealing with that size.

Edey improved a lot from last year in both playing ability and stamina. Last year he wouldn't have been able to do what he has done this year. I also don't doubt that he will shoot a lot of free throws. The problem is that he only has 5 fouls per game and he will undoubtedly be called for more of them than the ridiculously low number called on him in conference games. He won't be called for every offensive foul or push in the back while rebounding but he does both so frequently that it won't take many more calls to alter the way he can play or reduce his time on the floor.  

2 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Take out that national championship year, and Bennett would be on the hot seat right now.

His system is the definition of sink or swim.

I've never been a fan of Bennett, far from it actually, but I thought he was poised to take UVA to perennial deep run contender status with a natty on the resume and both Coach K and Williams having retired and clearing the path. 

9 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Take out that national championship year, and Bennett would be on the hot seat right now.

His system is the definition of sink or swim.

Hey I'd gladly take a bunch of R64 exits (even to a 16!) if it meant I had a title in my lifetime lol. Can't take that away from him.

9 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

I've never been a fan of Bennett, far from it actually, but I thought he was poised to take UVA to perennial deep run contender status with a natty on the resume and both Coach K and Williams having retired and clearing the path. 

His style is just not conducive to NCAAT play.  It works for regular season results...barely.