Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

Very good win against a tough Kent State team. It was obvious early on who the better team was. 

1) Trayce is the best player in colllege basketball. Not even close. Let's ride him. If he plays the way he did tonight, this team is almost unbeatable. The way he closed that game is EXACTLY what he should be doing. 

2) Race and Miller did what seniors should do. Both play two of their best games of the season. However, they can't combine for 5 points on Sunday..need to keep being aggressive. 

3) Thought we were outstanding defensively. They defend the way they did tonight they could make a run. 

Really proud of the effort tonight. Was hoping Drake would win. I think Miami is a very good team and will be a tough matchup. It's simple..they hit 3's they'll win. If not, we can run away from it. Omier looked okay tonight. If he was out I think that would really favor IU. Their 4 guards can shoot it. really aren't too deep of a team. Going to be a fun one. 

Celebrate today and be ready Sunday! What an awesome tournament so far. 

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Just checked the box score -- 4 bench points tonight. Yikes. 

So, we we won pretty comfortably with virtually nothing offensively from our reserves. If only those guys could kick it up a notch ... 

Bates is saving his shots for Miami, cause we will be needing all the help we need

15 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Yeah, TJD (obviously) and Race getting the bulk of the run in the front court with Malik getting a solid amount of minutes feels pretty solid in the front court. It would be nice if Geronimo could give them a spell for a handful of minutes again in R2, but not sure if he has earned the trust to do that. Seems he and Reneau are always good for at least 1 or 2 head scratchers a game. But Malik is a pretty good 3rd big.

I hope Bates can just see the ball go through the hoop a few times early on vs. Miami and start to get going.

We didn't shoot well at all as a team today, so I'll take a pretty dominant win... knowing we can play a lot better, too.

I'm cautiously optimistic but need to look more into Miami tomorrow

A few of Bates shots were halfway down, most of his shots were good shots. We will need to shoot better if we want to make a deep run.