Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

Our rebounding woes are simple -- we wait for the ball to come to us instead of going to get it. 

I lost count of how many times KSU would miss and the ball would carom toward a group of white shirts just waiting for it to fall to them. Meanwhile, a gold jersey busts through and grabs it. 

I like Woody in that he at least assesses the strengths and weaknesses right away. Keen sense for the game. Whether he can get the guys to correct it is another story, but he knows. Not sure I could say that about a couple of our past coaches.

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Our rebounding woes are simple -- we wait for the ball to come to us instead of going to get it. 

I lost count of how many times KSU would miss and the ball would carom toward a group of white shirts just waiting for it to fall to them. Meanwhile, a gold jersey busts through and grabs it. 

The second or third possession of the game, they missed a shot, and we all just stood there and watched it hit the court. It was like a little league baseball game where three kids yell "I got it!" at the same time on a pop up, then thinking one of the others will catch it, they watch it drop between them. 

And as far as Bates I'm fine with his shooting. Only 1 that I thought was a bad shot. Shooters have to keep shooting and I'm all for it right now. He got beat once on defense and fouled a shooter so I get it on that end but you can't be mad at him for shooting and then say you want shooters to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk