Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

2 hours ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Certainly makes me feel better. Something about this kid makes me want him to be and stay a Hoosier! I think he’s gonna become a fantastic force. 

I think the kid knows his role as a freshman.  Pay attention, bust @$$, have a good summer and be ready for next year.  

2 hours ago, RoadRage said:

These first round games scare me....the lower seeded teams have nothing to lose and seem to play out of their minds at times! The crowd usually gets behind them and the TV talking heads love the upsets so you have to endure that as well. I hope IU comes to play!

Yeah, I feel like if we can get past this game, we might be able to make a decent run.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

We've seen some favorites struggle and lose already. Let's compete for 40 minutes and move on to the second round. This bracket could easily provide a favorable path to a FF. Let's take advantage of it!

The key play for 40 minutes!  When was the time we done that, Purdue?  This team has the makeup and similarities to the 2002 team.  I don’t know about getting to the FF4, but the elite 8 is a possibility, especially with the Sasser injury.  

Everyone keeps saying they want to see this team play for 40 minutes...and that's fine. But people need to understand that may not lead to an easy win, and a run by the opponent doesn't mean we aren't playing hard. 

Look at the two games today: MSU started strong, but is now tied at the half with USC. Xavier started strong and is now tied with Kennesaw State. It doesn't mean MSU and Xavier stopped trying, it just means their opponents are trying to win too and basketball is a game of runs both ways. 

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Everyone keeps saying they want to see this team play for 40 minutes...and that's fine. But people need to understand that may not lead to an easy win, and a run by the opponent doesn't mean we aren't playing hard. 

Look at the two games today: MSU started strong, but is now tied at the half with USC. Xavier started strong and is now tied with Kennesaw State. It doesn't mean MSU and Xavier stopped trying, it just means their opponents are trying to win too and basketball is a game of runs both ways. 

Keeping it simple here, the teams who are in the tourney are there because they can play ball, and everyone wants to advance.

19 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Keeping it simple here, the teams who are in the tourney are there because they can play ball, and everyone wants to advance.

Agree. The slate is clean.

It isn’t what you did. It’s what you do. Today.

If the Hoosiers show up in up and down yo-yo mode… Our goose is cooked.

If we show up in Purdue killer mode…. we’ll be National Champs!

LET’S GOOOOOO HOOSIERS!!!