Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

48 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

Why can't we win this whole thing?  

I know this isn't meant as a real question, but imo UH is a much better team than we are at this point (assuming we get past Kent, and Miami or Drake, both of which are strong). 

I'd personally be happy with SW16. But it would be pretty fun to have another tilt with X, if we could get past UH (I don't see UH losing before the EE, and think they're probably FF bound), and X can somehow get past UT or A&M (pretty sure they'll beat Iowa St after it beats Pitt).

More simple answer, our AdjD just isn't there for a NC, Adj O isn't far off, but we haven't played consistently well since Race returned, and we're still pretty one dimensional - we grew to a good outside shooting percentage, but we still barely shoot it from outside.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I know this isn't meant as a real question, but imo UH is a much better team than we are at this point (assuming we get past Kent, and Miami or Drake, both of which are strong). 

I'd personally be happy with SW16. But it would be pretty fun to have another tilt with X, if we could get past UH (I don't see UH losing before the EE, and think they're probably FF bound), and X can somehow get past UT or A&M (pretty sure they'll beat Iowa St after it beats Pitt).

More simple answer, our AdjD just isn't there for a NC, Adj O isn't far off, but we haven't played consistently well since Race returned, and we're still pretty one dimensional - we grew to a good outside shooting percentage, but we still barely shoot it from outside.

Also need to factor Sasser in this too, very questionable he plays this weekend

57 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Osterman at today's open practice -

Freshman guard C.J. Gunn not dressed or participating in IU’s open practice in Albany.

Yep, Goodman tweeted he will be a game time decision 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Did he say why?

Edit: Never mind. Old Fart answered while I was replying.

Since I answered before you asked, if you'd  like Saturday's winning lottery numbers just send me a pm with your credit card info.

2 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

JHS will decide how far we advance.  He is the type of player that can light up a tournament like this.  Our front court can matchup with anyone.  Kopp and Bates get hot.  Who knows...

I couldn’t agree more, if he stays consistent and has games like he did against Purdue we can go far. 

6 minutes ago, Five Prime said:

JHS will decide how far we advance.  He is the type of player that can light up a tournament like this.  Our front court can matchup with anyone.  Kopp and Bates get hot.  Who knows...

In that case, we might do pretty well. It was HS but he and Reneau have experience winning big time tournaments. Crowds and pressure weren't nearly what they are in the NCAAT but it still good experience, especially since it's winning experience. He also doesn't seem to get rattled, even when he's having a bad game.

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

In that case, we might do pretty well. It was HS but he and Reneau have experience winning big time tournaments. Crowds and pressure weren't nearly what they are in the NCAAT but it still good experience, especially since it's winning experience. He also doesn't seem to get rattled, even when he's having a bad game.

Kid's so mature for a frosh, have really enjoyed watching him gel and grow into a clear cut first round pick. Assuming he jumps to the NBA, he's one I'll continue to follow in the League.

Watched the player interviews on Peegs and once again I must say I really really really would like CJ Gunn to stay. I didn't follow him much in high school and don't know how his demeanor was, but it appeared based off his responses that he has matured a lot this year. He could be one who makes a big sophomore jump, and I would love to witness it with him in an Indiana uniform. 

7 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Personally, since his injury, Race hasn’t been the same player.  I actually think he hurts us more than he helps us!  Also, he’s never been a smart player but he doesn’t play like an experienced 6th year college player