Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Herotime

JHS— NBA Bound

Next year drafts class is weak. But from the scouts I’ve talked with, he’s a lottery pick this year alone. 

He needs to go this year, don’t risk injury next year on a team that isn’t a national contender, go get that contract. 

2 hours ago, Trish said:

Next year drafts class is weak. But from the scouts I’ve talked with, he’s a lottery pick this year alone. 

He needs to go this year, don’t risk injury next year on a team that isn’t a national contender, go get that contract. 

Don't disagree with any of that. But the other argument would be if he returns, they would be a national contender. 

6 hours ago, go iu bb said:

10 draft prognosticators.

All 10 have JHS in the first round.

One of them has him 25th but the other 9 have him at 19th and above. He will not pass that up nor should he.

5 hours ago, Trish said:

This years draft class is weak adter the first 3, which is why he probably goes. But he could easily play himself into a high lottery pick next year.   

A judgement call imo, but he seems like the type to go.

13 hours ago, DChoosier said:

10 draft prognosticators.

All 10 have JHS in the first round.

One of them has him 25th but the other 9 have him at 19th and above. He will not pass that up nor should he.

The drqft boards aren’t generally very accurate but the top 15-20 area seems about right to me, don’t think he’s a lottery guy at this point, but can’t see him falling later than 20. Were he to stay he could play his way into the lottery imo but that’s always a risk, injury etc. 

He’s one who will represent IU well, imo, in the pros. Hope he gets picked by a good organization when he goes

17 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

According to who or what? We're missing a lot more than just a really good PG or CG.

I would think bringing back an all conference/american backcourt would be a good start. Guard play wins/loses championships. 

4 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

The drqft boards aren’t generally very accurate

The draft boards may not be accurate in predicting the exact order (after the consensus order at the top of the draft). But overall they accurately predict who will be chosen in the first 20 or so.

14 minutes ago, J34 said:

I would think bringing back an all conference/american backcourt would be a good start. Guard play wins/loses championships.

Are you projecting that XJ and JHS would be All Big 1.o and possible AA?

I believe JHS was Big 1.o FOTY and 2nd/3rd All conference? I could definitely see him contending for First team should by some miracle he returns. First Team AA? Possible but not probable.

XJ was a Big 1.o honorable mention (if he made a team) about a year ago before he suffered an injury that kept him out for the majority of this season. First Team AA? Highly doubtful. He was playing his best basketball down the stretch last season but think he was still turning it over too much and not shooting great inside the arc. He was playing aggressive though.

Somewhat related note - JG was playing well down the stretch and that carried over to a very inconsistent season when given the opportunity.

I get that we want to be in that contender conversation but we're just not there yet. JHS and XJ being the starting backcourt could help with that. We would need to figure out something on the wings with 3 and D players along with several bigs. Reneau is solid and has potential but not sure he's the answer for another undersized "big" who only operates within 5' of the rim.

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

The draft boards may not be accurate in predicting the exact order (after the consensus order at the top of the draft). But overall they accurately predict who will be chosen in the first 20 or so.

Generally speaking yes I think this is fair