Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Herotime

JHS— NBA Bound

52 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Sometimes it is hard to be in the IU fanbase. So far since last night I have seen the following comments on social media with tags to players.

1. Had to step up when a starter got hurt yet he's a lottery pick? He had one really good game and that's it.

2. Well he definitely won't make the NBA.

3. Most selfish player I've ever seen in an IU uniform.

4. Only tries to improve his draft stock, doesn't care about the team.

If you still feel like the above comments are true after watching the video of him after the game last night, go find another team, please.

I've had some similar conversations with fellow IUBB faithful. One in particular was hitting on 3 and 4. I just disagreed with him and pointed out JHS is wearing the uniform and should be grateful!

I'm searching for that postgame interview/video online and can't find it. Could someone post it? Thanks in advance and I truly appreciate it.  

10 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I've had some similar conversations with fellow IUBB faithful. One in particular was hitting on 3 and 4. I just disagreed with him and pointed out JHS is wearing the uniform and should be grateful!

I'm searching for that postgame interview/video online and can't find it. Could someone post it? Thanks in advance and I truly appreciate it.  

I'm definitely grateful for JHS being a Hoosier and thought he had a fantastic freshman year. Checkout where JHS puts his uniform after games. I don't know the reason for it but found it a bit odd.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

I posted it in the game thread. It wasn’t an interview just video showing the locker room right after the game. I will find it again and post it here.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm definitely grateful for JHS being a Hoosier and thought he had a fantastic freshman year. Checkout where JHS puts his uniform after games. I don't know the reason for it but found it a bit odd.

Regarding where he puts his jersey...I can't find anything on this. Care to share?

3 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

Another wildcard is Xavier Johnson coming back. 

Does JHS want to accept a primarily off-ball role? 

Might be the other way around. With all due respect to X.  

JHS has a lot to think about.  He’ll clearly get drafted.  But at the same time, another college year under Woody would benefit him (barring major injury).   He was thrown into the pool and for the most part advanced his game quickly.  But was still a freshman with some freshman issues.  

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

This is not a big deal at all.

As stated in initial post, it is a bit odd to me especially seeing only JHS and possibly Reneau doing it.

5 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

One thing JHS can look at it that the 24 draft is supposed to be really weak. If he comes back and plays great he could have a chance of getting drafted higher.

What are the risks with coming back for another season?

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

An additional year of first round salary plus a year closer to being beyond a rookie contract.

18 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I mean injury/s. He already dealt with one early in the year this year. If he blew out his knee it'd hurt his draft stock a good amount

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

1 hour ago, mbredenk101 said:

There are too many to list. JHS's backcourt teammate, Xavier Johnson, was sitting next to him on the bench all season as a physical reminder as to why JHS should go to the NBA if he has the chance.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

An additional year of first round salary plus a year closer to being beyond a rookie contract.

50 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I mean injury/s. He already dealt with one early in the year this year. If he blew out his knee it'd hurt his draft stock a good amount

Even with a projected weak draft in 24 there is too much risk to return for a sophomore year. It's nice to think we'd have him for another year and the possibilities but it's too risky. What happens if he returns and doesn't have the year many expect? Tha could be a bad look for JHS and the program.

53 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Even with a projected weak draft in 24 there is too much risk to return for a sophomore year. It's nice to think we'd have him for another year and the possibilities but it's too risky. What happens if he returns and doesn't have the year many expect? Tha could be a bad look for JHS and the program.

Nothing like betting on yourself.