Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Herotime

JHS— NBA Bound

Just now, Honkyman said:

The better Indiana is in the NCAA tournament the more likely JHS leaves. IU can only advance if JHS plays well. If he plays well that solidifies his position as a first rounder.

Couldn't agree more!

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wish there was a way part of that going off was scoring at the rim. He has another dimension to his game that we don't get to see that much.

Rutger game in Bloomington?

10 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Rutger game in Bloomington?

That was a really rough sentence.

I wish there was a way to show off his ability to score at the rim but driving and backing down smaller guards. He has a huge advantage over must defenders (that would be guarding him) but we don't have the offense or personnel to take advantage of that.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That was a really rough sentence.

I wish there was a way to show off his ability to score at the rim but driving and backing down smaller guards. He has a huge advantage over must defenders (that would be guarding him) but we don't have the offense or personnel to take advantage of that.

Especially when we run everything through the bigs and plug the lane up!  I thought he had a couple good takes to the rim in that game?

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

Especially when we run everything through the bigs and plug the lane up!  I thought he had a couple good takes to the rim in that game?

He's had a couple of good takes this season. I believe that could happen more often and closer to the rim.

Based on performance he’d be second round. Based on projections, he’s middle first round and thus, he’s gone.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Potential vs need is an interesting discussion. Most middle of the pack teams are looking at need to get to the next level. I hope he goes in top level but have a hard time seeing it unless he gets a guarantee.

JMO

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

Potential vs need is an interesting discussion. Most middle of the pack teams are looking at need to get to the next level. I hope he goes in top level but have a hard time seeing it unless he gets a guarantee.

JMO

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Portland needed Sam Bowie.

10 hours ago, Honkyman said:

The better Indiana is in the NCAA tournament the more likely JHS leaves. IU can only advance if JHS plays well. If he plays well that solidifies his position as a first rounder.

Absolutely. Great guard play is what wins in March consistently. Jalen is the key to a long run in this tournament

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Gallo has to keep firing on all cylinders

Galloway was MIA offensively in the Big 10 tournament. IU was better with Bates (and Reneau) on the floor.  But Galloway is generally better on defensive than Bates and Kent State has good guards who drive to the bucket.

27 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Galloway was MIA offensively in the Big 10 tournament. IU was better with Bates (and Reneau) on the floor.  But Galloway is generally better on defensive than Bates and Kent State has good guards who drive to the bucket.

That's just a snapshot though. We all know Gallo has been hands down the better all around player all season, and has raised his outside game. Very encouraging to see Bates get his mojo back and play well to close out, I've never been in the camp that lambasted him, and see him as a guy who can be a key player / scorer next season, but Gallo's all around impact is one key to our ability to win, his D is on another level, and he brings a sort of secondary point guard role to the floor along with the ability to slash to the rim. Agree on his importance to driving guards