Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2022-23 Prediction League - Game 32 vs Maryland Fri 3/10/23 Sometime in the 9pm Hour

3 hours ago, incrediboy said:

A sure winner of a prediction

I cheated and waited until after Maryland had won to post.  Not a prediction but it seemed like everyone was posting M as our opponent.  Though it looks like this game could end up a tie.

This game is a real brain buster.  First IU has a record of playing poorly in the B10 Tourney.  IU is 15-24 overall and has made the finals only once, in 2001 when we lost to Iowa.  We all know how the past is a good predictor of the future.

Secondly, Maryland spanked us pretty good 66-55 at Maryland during the regular season.  It was our second lowest point total of the year.  OTOH Maryland was practically unbeatable in home games this year.  It is hard to avoid the feeling that Maryland matches up well to us and has our number (Like we have Purdue's).

Finally, Maryland has been a terrible road team all year.  Before beating Minnesota yesterday, Maryland was 1-9 against the Big 10 this year away from home.  They are just a different team without the home court.  BTW both wins were against Minnesota, who everybody kicks to the gutter.

Thus we have a game predicted on negative factors instead of positive.  I'm going with the Hoosiers in a coin flip game.

Indiana    69

Maryland    68

3 hours ago, rcs29 said:

MD 80
IU 71

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hat off.  A gutsy pick.  Good luck.  I went the other way but I can see this happening.