Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

1 minute ago, cbp4iu said:

The area of having 2/3 guys on the bench who will never play needs to stop at this season. I love Leal and I think Duccomb could be good… But let’s be honest neither are worth a scholarship for a playing stand point. This team needs depth and shooters. I hate saying it but it is time.

I think we're going to see a pretty big roster overhaul this spring. I know some people dread that, but it could have happened last year or even the year before. Woodson valued continuity for a program that hasn't had much of it recently, which I can respect, but it's honestly time to turn the page on some of these guys. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

I think we're going to see a pretty big roster overhaul this spring. I know some people dread that, but it could have happened last year or even the year before. Woodson valued continuity for a program that hasn't had much of it recently, which I can respect, but it's honestly time to turn the page on some of these guys. 

I love Leal as a person but I mean he only plays with walk ons. We need impact bench guys.

It's insane that we played Purdue in the first Big Ten tournament in 1998 but haven't crossed paths with them in this event since then. You would think based on sheer probability that we would have run into them at some point in 25 years. We've played Maryland and Rutgers more often than that. 

We would have faced them in 2018 when we were the 6 seed and they were the 3, but Archie Miller probably sh*t himself at the thought and lost to the 14 seed instead. We could have played them in the final last year if Bohannon hadn't lost his mind and it was in play again if we had won today. Just nuts, really. 

30 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I’ve watched it 5 times and winter stepped out of bounds before the foul

There was also a jump ball they called as a foul and we got away with a kicked ball under the goal. Three fairly important calls all under a minute to go 

6 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

The area of having 2/3 guys on the bench who will never play needs to stop at this season. I love Leal and I think Duccomb could be good… But let’s be honest neither are worth a scholarship for a playing stand point. This team needs depth and shooters. I hate saying it but it is time.

Yep. Hoosiers have basically one or two guys that should even sniff the floor in March. However Malik is limited offensively and Tamar is a headache on both sides of the basketball. 

Leal likely won’t be Crean’d, but Logan needs to be in the portal in two weeks. Where was Jordan today? Portal. 

They've had their fair share of being unplayable.

We are using today as an example that has been a microcosm for his tenure. He sticks with the older guys far too long even if other guys are playing better (i.e Miller, Race, Parker).

If you may recall, I believe Coach Knight HATED the B1G Tournament and we have always sucked

...Yes that was a lifetime ago, but just interesting to me nonetheless.

Oh well.. on to cheer on Flory and my Kokomo Wildkats in the 4A Regional!!

Just now, hoosierbannerd said:

If you may recall, I believe Coach Knight HATED the B1G Tournament and we have always sucked

...Yes that was a lifetime ago, but just interesting to me nonetheless.

Unless you’re a midmajor or a bubble team, it’s not really that important. 

Its a money grab for the conferences, cities, and television networks. 

9 minutes ago, Trish said:

Yep. Hoosiers have basically one or two guys that should even sniff the floor in March. However Malik is limited offensively and Tamar is a headache on both sides of the basketball. 

Leal likely won’t be Crean’d, but Logan needs to be in the portal in two weeks. Where was Jordan today? Portal. 

It’s not even that. But truly our 12/13th guy should be a guy like Gunn who could be fantastic next year and have some projection going forward. Guys like Leal and Duccomb aren’t Big Ten guys and they have been there 2/3 years

9 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

It’s not even that. But truly our 12/13th guy should be a guy like Gunn who could be fantastic next year and have some projection going forward. Guys like Leal and Duccomb aren’t Big Ten guys and they have been there 2/3 years

Agreed! 

I thought Jordan would take a major leap this year. Disappointing to say the least, I imagine he‘s on his way out. Gunn and Banks need some big summers. 

26 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Reneau is a better rebounder than Race.  Problem is the amount he fouls.  Even though it's gotten better, he's a hard guy to start and get more minutes because of the foul trouble.

A bigger issue is having two 6-8/6-9 guys clogging the lane and not cutting hard then not dominating the boards on the other end. If we're playing that style we need to force our will on our opponents instead of being so reactionary.

20 minutes ago, Trish said:

If we're playing in it we need to play to win. We've been too cool for school for far too long. Let's ******* win something, anything!

18 minutes ago, Trish said:

I hate conference tournaments with a passion. It makes no sense to play a conference tournament after a three month long conference season. Regular season champion is the true champion. Like you said, a money grab and nothing else. That being said, might as well try to win the damn thing since it’ll be here until the end of time

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I hate conference tournaments with a passion. It makes no sense to play a conference tournament after a three month long conference season. Regular season champion is the true champion. Like you said, a money grab and nothing else. That being said, might as well try to win the damn thing since it’ll be here until the end of time

With unbalanced schedules it's difficult to really determine who the "true champion" is these days. There are pros and cons for both regular season and tourney champions.