Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside The Hall -

Trayce Jackson-Davis can move into third place on IU’s all-time scoring list with six points today against Penn State. The current top four:

1. Calbert Cheaney (2,613)

2. Steve Alford (2,438)

3. Don Schlundt (2,192)

4. Trayce Jackson-Davis (2,187)

Alec Lasley - Also still just one double-double away from tying Alan Henderson for third in program history with 49 in a career.

I wish TJD would not have passed Schlundt.  Big Don was the ultimate winner.  TJD is not at all.

Maybe it’s time for IU to hire a coach that understands that you can’t win without chucking up 3s these days. 

Archie and now Woodson play an unsuccessful type of basketball. 

To win in todays game you have to shoot 25 3s a game. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I couldn't careless about ever winning it. Most worthless bunch of games on the schedule. 

Yep.  Important games are played through Friday.  Would it be nice to win it?  Sure.  But it does nothing toward the tourney.  

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Just now catching up to the game but honestly if we lose, fine. I’ll take the extra day to recoup.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

With the tendency this team has to think effort is optional, and opt out, I'm not sure extra rest will matter.  They had some rest with the double bye anyway.

**Checks score

I didn't want to win today because we need that extra day of rest after having **checks schedule 5 days of resting and playing two games.

It's just the matchup. Hopefully we don't play a team in the tourney that clogs the lane and takes away our first option while being able to shoot a basketball.

Ultimately, you can’t really shut down a team that shoots a lot of 3s. They just have to miss. 

You can however shut down a team like IU that plays in the paint. Especially a team like IU that also refuses to shoot 3s. 

IU makes it easy for teams to defend them. 

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

With the tendency this team has to think effort is optional, and opt out, I'm not sure extra rest will matter.  They had some rest with the double bye anyway.

Yep extra rest and a double bye and we still didn’t try large chunks of both games 

We have solidified our spot on the 4 seed line. 

So in perspective(and out of all people it's me having to say this)

Indiana went into the season as Big Ten favorites, and projected 4-5 seed and a Sweet 16 team.

Finished tied for 2nd in the B1G and will be a 4 seed, who knows what happens in the tourney obviously. 

That's after losing our starting PG, Race dealing with injury, TJD feeling with injuries, JHS dealing with an injury, Geronimo dealing with injuries. 

All in all... Pretty much right on from where we were projected. 

Just now, Adillac said:

Ultimately, you can’t really shut down a team that shoots a lot of 3s. They just have to miss. 

You can however shut down a team like IU that plays in the paint. Especially a team like IU that also refuses to shoot 3s. 

IU makes it easy for teams to defend them. 

You can at least not leave them wide open