Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Race was terrible yesterday, completely agree. He's been up and down since coming back. JG was bad in limited minutes yesterday too, and Malik was great in the 2nd half. 

JG had a great game and a half when Race was hurt, he was average to bad the other 3 and a half games. It's not really debatable. 

The reality is that two coaching staffs haven't trusted him. I wish that wasn't the case, but he just hasn't e

Honestly, it feels like you're creating this Woodson narrative because you hitched your wagon so hard to JG the last two years and it just hasn't happened for him. 

Unnecessary, kind of catty, and false. Let’s just agree to disagree 

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Unnecessary, kind of catty, and false. Let’s just agree to disagree 

Ok, sounds good. Though curious why you deleted the section on Galloway/Kopp/Stewart from last season when you quoted me?

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

Can anyone imagine Edey trying to play in the NBA? Take away his size advantage and….

My issue with Edey is the refs let him use more physicality on defense because his size. “He’s so big we gotta let him play”. But then when a defender tries to use a little more physicality than normal to contain him the refs can’t wait to call the foul 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

My issue with Edey is the refs let him use more physicality on defense because his size. “He’s so big we gotta let him play”. But then when a defender tries to use a little more physicality than normal to contain him the refs can’t wait to call the foul 

And he camps out in the lane and never gets a 3 second call. 

I'm going to have to record today's game and watch later tonight, so do want to make one note after my posts earlier. 

As I said earlier, I think JG is basically a matchup play at this point, but I do think today could be one of those days. 

I think Reneau could struggle with a smaller, perimeter oriented PSU and get in foul trouble if he's on Pickett. I do think JG could have success today if he gets the opportunity. He could effectively play minutes on Pickett IMO.