Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

8 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't think we'll see Scirotto or Pfeiffer in our game.

Wednesday -

• OSU vs Wisky:  Carstensen, Dorsey & Kimble
  • Huskers vs Minny:  Scirotto, Szelc & Pfeiffer

Thursday -

• Rutgers vs Michigan:  Scirotto, Beaver & Green
  • OSU vs Iowa:  Dorsey, Riley & Floyd
  • Penn St. vs Illinois:  Szelc, Garrison & Pfeiffer
  • Maryland vs Minny:  Carstensen, Kueneman & Young

Friday -

• PUke vs Ruger:   Carstensen, Riley & Young
  • Michigan State vs OSU:  Scirotto, Pfeiffer & Kueneman

Send Larry home for the weekend with a pat on the back. Anyone but him

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

IF we win tomorrow, which scenario is more appealing? 

1) Beating Purdue a third time, or

2) Ending OSU's miracle run, and season, with the whole college basketball world watching? 

OSU. They’ll have very tired legs at that point, so if that’s the scenario then it’s much more to our benefit both in the likelihood of winning and not wearing our guys out. Also, we got destroyed the game after we last beat Purdue. That game takes a lot out of us and also runs the risk of overconfidence creeping into our locker room again. 

22 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

OSU. They’ll have very tired legs at that point, so if that’s the scenario then it’s much more to our benefit both in the likelihood of winning and not wearing our guys out. Also, we got destroyed the game after we last beat Purdue. That game takes a lot out of us and also runs the risk of overconfidence creeping into our locker room again. 

On the other hand, a win-win scenario can play out by playing Purdue.

Beat them with the NCAA tournament next and the team is forced to grow up and not lay an egg in their next game or their season ends. I believe Trayce won’t allow that to happen. Even winning JHS. This is where having Monteverde players should really help. 

Lose and you have to get over it quickly with an added motivation to get the only banner left of the three possible that they set out to get. 

Also, Woody’s press conference was especially good. Mentioned how he wants and puts his big men in position to be playmakers and that he doesn’t want big guys who are robots.

Flory, if you’re listening, Mike Woodson is going to give you the reigns and unlock parts to your game much like he has shown with Trayce. 

I would love to see a neutral court matchup between IU/PU. Has that ever happened?

Closest thing I can remember is the Crossroads Classic when hoards of both team's fans were in the building rooting against the other team, but obviously we never played each other.

That atmosphere would be electric.

24 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I would love to see a neutral court matchup between IU/PU. Has that ever happened?

Closest thing I can remember is the Crossroads Classic when hoards of both team's fans were in the building rooting against the other team, but obviously we never played each other.

March 21, 1979 NIT 

Woodson, Tolbert, Butch Carter hits a 20 footer with 4 seconds left to give IU 53 to 52 win (first shot IU took in like nearly 7 minutes to go in game) over Joe Barry Carroll and Purdue coach Lee Rose.
Last 16 seconds of game 6 time outs were called…4 timeouts by IU.

32 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Hoosier Dome 2002

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

NIT 1979. 

Hoosier Dome 2002. 

And in 1980 at CoRUPPt Arena -- they whipped our a$$ in the Sweet 16. They won by 7 points or so, but I think they had a pretty significant lead throughout the second half before we whittled it down at the end. Almost certain that was Woody's final game as a Hoosier. 

And yet people were just saying Bates shouldn’t play. Great to see him step up again, and on a neutral floor. Meanwhile Race was just awful.
Race was awful. After the stretch of 3 TO's and stupid foul I was yelling to put MR back in. Reneau should have been the one closing this one out. Woody is loyal as hell to his vets but sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Race was awful. After the stretch of 3 TO's and stupid foul I was yelling to put MR back in. Reneau should have been the one closing this one out. Woody is loyal as hell to his vets but sometimes to the detriment of the team.

Race had as many fouls as points and as many turnovers as rebounds. He gave up several great looks from deep too. You would a sixth year senior would limit his mistakes in a one and done tourney... but but he made a layup after several horrible plays.

Listened to Charlie Miller and Joe Hillman a little bit last night and Hillman is awesome to listen to breaking things down. Also he and Charlie are both aging very well

Race made some stupid mistakes and the missed free throws the other night were tough to take but he is still our best option late in games at his position.  He has a track record for making winning plays late in games and more often than not follows up a dumb mistake with a play or bucket we need.  Race is good and the least of our problems.

That was fun! I had my doubts. They seemed to be appropriate early into the 2nd half. Then the Hoosiers took control. TJD was amazing. JHS was very strong. Reneau played some great minutes.

You think our staff knows PSU gameplan this time around? I hope they are licking their chops, we should control this game. Can’t wait.

And, now The consensus is Ledlum for Geronimo this morning? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners