Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB 2023 B1G Tournament March 8-12, 2023

6 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Trayce stats for tonight 

24 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals

absolutely nuts, won’t see a player here at Indiana do that consistently for a long time. 

He had good numbers his first 2 years as far as ppg and rpg but he's become a much better player all around under this coaching staff. His defense, ball handling, and passing have improved so much the past 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Can somebody help me out. Woody has now won 3 BTT games. How many did Crean win?   Did Archie win any? 

Archie Miller was undefeated in the 2020 Big Ten tournament, the only IU coach to finish the tournament unblemished. 

1 minute ago, go iu bb said:

He had good numbers his first 2 years as far as ppg and rpg but he's become a much better player all around under this coaching staff. His defense, ball handling, and passing have improved so much the past 2 years. 

His teammates are able to hit shots to which helps 

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Archie Miller was undefeated in the 2020 Big Ten tournament, the only IU coach to finish the tournament unblemished. 

Speaking of undefeated…he also never lost a NCAA tourney game while at IU and will keep that streak alive this year at RI.

15 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Trayce stats for tonight 

24 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 blocks, 3 steals

absolutely nuts, won’t see a player here at Indiana do that consistently for a long time. 

There was a graphic at one point saying he’s the only D1 player this season to have 20/7/6/3/3. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

IF we win tomorrow, which scenario is more appealing? 

1) Beating Purdue a third time, or

2) Ending OSU's miracle run, and season, with the whole college basketball world watching? 

Unless option #2 is something like a month in Fiji, option #1 is always the right answer.

This was a very good win! Lots of very good things happened that hopefully can continue going forward: 

1) How about Tamar/Malik. IU does not win without them tonight. If they continue to do this, our top 7 can hang with anybody. 

2) Felt as long as Trayce/Jalen had typical games we could win. They did that and then some. 

3) Defense was awesome starting the second half. Tamar especially has been impressive. 

Let's keep it going! I understand Penn State is playing well but no reason IU can't win that game and get to Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

This was a very good win! Lots of very good things happened that hopefully can continue going forward: 

1) How about Tamar/Malik. IU does not win without them tonight. If they continue to do this, our top 7 can hang with anybody. 

2) Felt as long as Trayce/Jalen had typical games we could win. They did that and then some. 

3) Defense was awesome starting the second half. Tamar especially has been impressive. 

Let's keep it going! I understand Penn State is playing well but no reason IU can't win that game and get to Sunday. 

And yet people were just saying Bates shouldn’t play. Great to see him step up again, and on a neutral floor. Meanwhile Race was just awful.

Hoosiers looked tough
Maryland has some players 

Does anyone have a shorter leash than JG? 
X wasn’t hyped and looked very somber the few times he was on camera. Just an observation 

Vegas and the sports books are rolling in my money after today’s outcomes. Best time of the year. Great couple days of watching basketball

Don’t understand how Race stayed on the floor w/ a min left (FTs, press). Not my role to understand though so as long as we win I ain’t complaining 

Go Hoosiers!!

Just now, realTomCrean said:

Hoosiers looked tough
Maryland has some players 

Does anyone have a shorter leash than JG? 
X wasn’t hyped and looked very somber the few times he was on camera. Just an observation 

Vegas and the sports books are rolling in my money after today’s outcomes. Best time of the year. Great couple days of watching basketball

Go Hoosiers!!

I think XJ wishes he was on the court

Xavier absolutely wishes he was playing. The likely reason his demeanor was different today is because he has no hope or expectations to come back and play this season. He had that all season long just to shut it down. Of course he’s going through it right now. I’m sure Woody is in his ear to help him get through this, as well as still be a part of this team via leadership like talking during timeouts. 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

IF we win tomorrow, which scenario is more appealing? 

1) Beating Purdue a third time, or

2) Ending OSU's miracle run, and season, with the whole college basketball world watching? 

Clearly #1, but it would be truly hilarious for OSU to beat Purdue tomorrow