Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 2/28/23 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

28 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Lol. Give 7 a game over 12 a game that’s smart just admit you didn’t know he was scoring at that clip…..

I did.  Get over yourself.  Unlike you, I know that a player's scoring clip doesn't tell his whole value.

But hey, talk about Galloway's hair some more.  Shows your basketball knowledge.

1 minute ago, Alford Bailey said:

There was actually a conversation in another thread about Leal, Galloway and Perkins and the 2020 Mr Basketball award. Obviously two dumbasses weren’t aware…

Make dumb argument. Leave nuance and context behind. Double down regardless of what’s real or not. When called out, get petty and name call. You should run for office! You’re taking the loss hard. Have a drink or something. Punch a wall maybe. 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Woody is pissed because he started cautioning against the letdown in the locker room at Mackey and the guys didn’t listen.

I call Tamar Bates to the portal after the season 

I hope so. Wish the best for any player, just wish we had better basketball players. We NEED better players. 

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I did.  Get over yourself.  Unlike you, I know that a player's scoring clip doesn't tell his whole value.

But hey, talk about Galloway's hair some more.  Shows your basketball knowledge.

You didn’t or you wouldn’t have commented and Galloways hair is dreamy

2 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Make dumb argument. Leave nuance and context behind. Double down regardless of what’s real or not. When called out, get petty and name call. You should run for office! You’re taking the loss hard. Have a drink or something. Punch a wall maybe. 

What’s going on here? I missed it

1 minute ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

What good does arguing over a player we don’t have do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing I was simply said Perkins (Indiana kid) was pretty good and it was apparently offensive 

I don't recall where Perkins was ranked but good on him for developing and contributing to a solid Iowa team. Hope Gallo and his hair continue to develop to impact our team. It would be nice if quantity allowed those percentages to really make an impact and get the consistency figured out from some players too.

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

But he won’t be ready if he doesn’t play big ten competition. In a game like this at least u give him time because no one else cared to try.

Here’s the problem…when we had freshman under RMK, they were the future, and we were excited when they got in the game to see their potential. Today, we want to see them because our starters are not performing to our expectations. That is a problem. 

7 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Nothing I was simply said Perkins (Indiana kid) was pretty good and it was apparently offensive 

Theeeeere we go. That’s it. Perkins is pretty good. I mean, hardly what you “simply said” (see previous comment about running for office!) but we landed the plane. Perkins is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, patrickmorriso9 said:

Largely agree here. My point was more of that if this were a team of players that consistently play at their best like the top teams have, it would be much easier to predict how they would come out on a given night. The top teams best players, for the most part, give you what you’d expect, if not more, night in and night out with some odd games here and there. The only time Indiana has had that is the 5 game stretch where trayce was truly dominant. But some games we make 7-8 threes and others we make 1. It’s just impossible to game plan for something that you have no confidence in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this point. Look at IU women. They have players that perform consistently every game. I believe that is the formula for the team playing consistently every game. It is true across all sports. We just don’t have the players that can do it every game. I love Galloway (Dimone), but he is not consistent. We need consistent great players. 

2 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

Tonight is why I don't lose time in life watching games live anymore. Always recorded and watched at 32x unless it looks halfway close. Missed about 10 games this year.. no recording because really, who cares anymore. Purdue was cool but until we actually make a run in the dance, what is there to be excited about? Maybe it's just a hobby that has faded on me now. Gotta go eat my feelings lol

It’s hobby enough for you to write all of this though 

58 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Jesus.  Board full of Debbie Downers.  Sometimes you're the Pigeon.  Tonight we were the Statue.    

It happens and yes probably happens too much with this team.  Better now, than during tourney time.  Hopefully they figure it out. 

As for next year, lets leave it to next year.  Who the hell knows what's going to happen.    

Love the pigeon and statue reference!

1 minute ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

Agree with this point. Look at IU women. They have players that perform consistently every game. 

Yes, but it should be noted that in the women's game the descrepacy of talent between teams is much greater.  The top ten women's teams have a combined 34 losses and 16 of those losses are to each other.  Losses to non-top ten teams by a top ten team are incredibly rare.  Th

52 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Perspective….. Perkins is right now a better player than Galloway and Leal. A solid B1G guard. Doesn’t mean I don’t like Galloway….

If he wasn’t from Indy, no one would give a ****.